HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2015, 09:29 AM
"Some do, some don't"
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
1,200 Posts
Discussion
Sawn Craft Paper Airplane (Not Really Paper)

Greetings All,

Just thought I would post a couple of videos of a rather "out of the ordinary" kit available from Sawn Craft...

How does a 4 ft long, 24" WS foam model of a "Paper Airplane" sound...

Finally got to maiden this plane yesterday and had a blast with it...

Pics and Videos below...

Will post more details if there is any interest...

Mark R.

old_coastie

Sawn Craft SEFF Edition Paper Airplane 2nd Flight (7 min 39 sec)

SawnCraft Paper Airplane Maiden (7 min 42 sec)
old_coastie is online now Find More Posts by old_coastie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2015, 07:42 PM
AMA 415
United States, CT, Granby
Joined Mar 2012
205 Posts
Thanks for posting the videos, old_coastie! Looking good!
Sawn Craft is offline Find More Posts by Sawn Craft
Old Mar 29, 2015, 07:58 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Joined Jul 2013
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawn Craft View Post
Thanks for posting the videos, old_coastie! Looking good!
Heck I just built and flew it, Ya'll put the magic in it... Thanks for a Fun Plane..

Mark R.

old_coastie
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2004
328 Posts
Awesome, I just ordered one of these (my first foamy), looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the videos, you really show off the flight envelope nicely. If you have any build pics, that would be great, too.

Was thinking of adding a rudder and I'll probably use an Orange stabilizing receiver too, that might help in a light breeze, especially at high alpha, low speed flight. In the video, it seems to really want to roll and lose altitude when turning, so using a rudder for more flat turns should make for an interesting experiment.

It floats so easily, at 600 square inches, I think I might be able to catch a thermal!
Barry Leger is online now Find More Posts by Barry Leger
Last edited by Barry Leger; Yesterday at 02:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Joined Jul 2013
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Leger View Post
Awesome, I just ordered one of these (my first foamy), looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the videos, you really show off the flight envelope nicely. If you have any build pics, that would be great, too.

Was thinking of adding a rudder and I'll probably use an Orange stabilizing receiver too, that might help in a light breeze, especially at high alpha, low speed flight. In the video, it seems to really want to roll and lose altitude when turning, so using a rudder for more flat turns should make for an interesting experiment.

It floats so easily, at 600 square inches, I think I might be able to catch a thermal!
Sorry no build pics, but it does come with a build manual, and it is a pretty straight forward build...

So far I have resisted the urge to install a rudder, but pretty sure that is gonna happen, but plan ahead getting the CG right on this one is important and the tail is a long way from the CG point so gonna have to shift weight forward or my favorite solution use a bigger battery ...

Mark R.

old_coastie