Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:42 AM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
394 Posts
Discussion
Cops "shoot" strippers -- with cameras

San Diego Strippers are required to have license from the city.
Cops can "inspect" strip clubs to make sure all the girls have a permit.

But......... the cops rounded up all the girls and took nude photos of them claiming it was necessary to verify their identities. (held them and took photos for 2 hours)

The girls got an attorney and are suing the City of San Diego for 4th Amendment violations claiming it was unreasonable search and seizure. Shortly after the lawsuit was launched the city retaliated by sending a letter revoking the club's license claiming unrelated violations of the law. (but nobody has been charged with a crime)

So............ do strippers have the right of privacy when they are not on stage? Is it necessary to strip a girl nude to make sure her permit is valid?
Would it be OK for the cops to strip your wife nude and take photos to make sure she's actually the person on her drivers license?

story here: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1872157 - the video near the bottom of the article has more information.
War is Peace is online now Find More Posts by War is Peace
Last edited by War is Peace; Jul 22, 2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 08:51 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
It's harrassment-they want to get rid of them. Stinks, especially since they went to the trouble of getting licensed.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:13 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,410 Posts
Does sound like unreasonable search and seizure.

Last time I was pulled over the officer didn't require me to remove clothing to prove my identity, my photo ID worked just fine.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:32 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
Does sound like unreasonable search and seizure.

Last time I was pulled over the officer didn't require me to remove clothing to prove my identity, my photo ID worked just fine.
You didn't look like THEM.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:38 AM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
It might have something to do with tattoos, but hey.

Maybe the club owners haven’t paid enough “protection” money to Johnny Law and now they’re harassing them
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:47 AM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
394 Posts
The reason I brought this issue up: We live in an age of incremental reductions to our freedom. The Government isn't stupid, they find a group that society won't object to see abused. (strippers, smokers, etc) After it's OK to abuse one group, they move on to the next. Think the IRS targeting certain types of citizens was random? Look at the Left, they have no problem as long as it's someone else being abused.

It's getting worse day by day and we as a society seem not to care. "So what, a bunch of strippers had to take off their clothes". Who's next, the girls a Hooters, the attractive receptionist where you work, girls walking home from school?

I know a beautiful lady who used to strip. She never let anyone touch her. She never did drugs. She NEVER slept with anyone in her entire life other than the man she married! Is she a lower class of citizen deserving of police abuse?

Of course few people worry that it will ever happen to them. But it's already happening! (they just use a slightly different type of camera)
War is Peace is online now Find More Posts by War is Peace