Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Help!
Futaba V-tmail mixing head ace :( (zephyr v70, futaba tx/rx)

Hello my name is Jean, i am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have been slope soaring delta wings for a while now and felt like an upgrade so purchased a zephyr v70 from hobbyking.

So im using a Futaba t6j tx and r200g6s rx works fine with my delta wings and set up could not be any easier....

Struggling a little with the mixing though with my zephyr v70, i think im 99% there just missing something and can't figure out what..

My Rx is set as so

channel 1 right flaperon
channel 2 left ruddervator
channel 3 ESC
channel 4 right ruddervator
channel 5 ---------
channel 6 left flaperon

My TX have PMX 1 & PMX 2 set as so

PMX 1 set as so

channel 2 master channel 6 slave

PMX 2 set as so

channel 1 master channel 4 slave

These setting are giving me the following results....

Aileron/elevator control stick left = left flaperon/ruddervator up.
right flaperon/ruddervator down giving me my left turn

Aileron/elevator control stick right = right flaperon/ruddervator up .
left flaperon/ruddervator down giving me my right turn

Now where im having the problems

Aileron/elevator control stick down = right / left ruddervators / left flaperon up. right flaperon down

Aileron/elevator control stick up = right / left ruddervators / left flaperon down. right flaperon up

so basicly the right flaperon (channel 1) is not following the left flaperon (channel 6) and ruddervators (channels 2&4) when making commands for climb and dive

would also like to add that a Y piece came with the zephyr v70 for connect left and right flaperon into a single channel which in not using (not sure if this is causing the problem)

Any help would be gladly appreciated have been obsessing over days now and just seem to be going round in circles, im sure the solution is simple and just need pointed in the right direction

thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for any help given.

jean.
j.quemener is offline Find More Posts by j.quemener
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Hear is a video clip showing my problem

Zephry v 70 mixing problem (0 min 10 sec)
j.quemener is offline Find More Posts by j.quemener
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:48 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
977 Posts
Not too sure, but why do you have aileron mix to v-tail ?
Don't the ailerons have just one job to do, the v-tail mix achieve's the required elevator/rudder activity and partial mix adds % rudder (and/or elevator) if you fancy it.
Can you not fly with just v-tail mix (elevator/rudder) and make the input per required given the conditions. I could be missing something here, so pardon my potential lack of understanding, but sometimes that's where the answer is
Here's what I would be doing first:-
Wing servo's to 'Y' connector onto ch1.
Clear any other channel programming & apply 'V-tail' mix on ch2/4.
If it's a question of differential (or ailerons working like flaps) wouldn't ch1 & ch6 be M/S and not ch1 & ch4 ?
Don't take me too seriously.... I don't really know for sure, but the simplest answer sometimes comes from.... yep!
RWData is online now Find More Posts by RWData