Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Socomon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 07:58 AM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Discussion
. . .

. . .
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Last edited by Socomon; Jul 20, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:23 AM
Part-Time Super Hero
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
So Socomon has moved into the Jet age

Looking good mate.

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:42 AM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Thanks Mark.

I haven't forgotten about that photo I promised you either. I upgraded my PC to windows 7 and it buggered the streaming to my PS3. So far, I have not had a chance to straighten it out. One of these weekends though . . .
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:30 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socomon View Post
Thanks Mark.

I haven't forgotten about that photo I promised you either. I upgraded my PC to windows 7 and it buggered the streaming to my PS3. So far, I have not had a chance to straighten it out. One of these weekends though . . .
And thats the best excuse you could come up with

Naa...don't worry about it Steve, I'd much rather see this beauty in the air, you'll love it I'm sure.

Mark
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:29 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Thanks Mark. It has 5 flights on it so far. Pretty much all trim flights. My buddy did most of the flying and I flew it some on the buddy box and did 1 take-off. The CG was a bit too far aft for the first two flights, but better now.

The standard fuel tank (50 oz) is too small with my engine (5 minute flight), so I have it taken apart again at the moment to fit an 80 oz kevlar tank that should give 7 minutes or better. On the last flight with the standard tank, when we landed we discovered we were maybe 30 seconds from a flame-out due to running out of fuel.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 03:37 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
What she like on a glide, I've seen the standard Boomerang fly and it looks a gem to fly, the guy had a UC problem so decided to belly land, did it without a scratch (on grass)

Get someone to video it Steve.

Mark
Old Dec 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
I have not yet attempted a landing myself, but my buddy said he was chopping the throttle before the turn to final and it was floating in from there, so I dare say it must glide quite well. The wing is shorter on the Nano compared to the other boomers, but has a rather wide chord.

Video in the spring.