Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,164 Posts
Discussion
Neptune EDF Flying Wing EDF Impeller/Unit

http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-101-n...o-red-arf.html

Hey all,
My good ol' trusty Neptune that I like to end the days at the field with, has a problem. While testing control surfaces and throttle, the EDF happened to suck in my radio harness and toss a few blades off of the impeller

Luckily, I didn't get any blades embedded in me
My question is, are there any sole 64mm impellers I could purchase and swap out? What I"m finding are impellers with more than the 5-blade unit it came with. Id love to step it up to more blades and I have a nicer 60A esc in there right now because the one it came with was garbage and fried two of my lovely Spektrum receivers Think if I contact NItroPlanes they'd do anything about it? A faulty BEC was the cause, it let all the current through to the RXs.
I wonder if the motor would be alright, I'm sure it would be as long as I'm not going to and 8-10 blade unit

If anyone happens to have a cheap 64mm EDF impeller or unit I'd love to obtain it via trade or purchase.

Thanks a bunch,
Ron
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2016, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by ApexAero
Aka: Tom Jenkins
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Aug 2008
4,700 Posts
try this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_7blade_.html