SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:10 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
855 Posts
I would agree that the looks of a weapon ie pistol grip, flash suppressor, bayonet mount, telescoping/folding stock is ridiculous. What makes a weapon exceptionally lethal is the semi auto function and large capacity magazines.
Libelle201B is online now Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:18 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
I would agree that the looks of a weapon ie pistol grip, flash suppressor, bayonet mount, telescoping/folding stock is ridiculous. What makes a weapon exceptionally lethal is the semi auto function and large capacity magazines.
Ever wonder how quickly a person can shoot a bolt action rifle with a bunch of 5 round stripper clips?

Very Fast Mad Minute from a SMLE- 10 Shots in 6.5 Seconds (0 min 20 sec)
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Last edited by logan5; Feb 01, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:20 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Ever wonder how quickly a person can shoot a bolt action rifle with a bunch of 5 round stripper clips?
I saw one guy get off 8 rounds in a minute from a prone position, after starting standing up. All in the bull.

My dad could get 10 rounds off in a minute standing up.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:20 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Ever wonder why our armed forces don't use bolt action rifles or revolvers today?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:22 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Ever wonder why our armed forces don't use bolt action rifles or revolvers today?
Advances in technology?
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:25 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Not true.

madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:28 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Serously? Did you just say that? What's next? You gonna tell us that bayonets are no longer used as well?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:48 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
277 Posts
Besides with the mag limits it would seem only fair to allow me to have a bayonet.
Perhaps I could just sharpen the end of the barrel
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:54 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post

The majority of banned characteristics are cosmetic only...making an AWB foolish as well. Like banning black cars because they look scary or sinister.
Agreed

Yet no one has answered my question. If both do the same job, why one over the other ? Why get in a fuss if some fools want to ban one , while the other is still availabe ? Other than bragging rights?
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:59 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Agreed

Yet no one has answered my question. If both do the same job, why one over the other ? Why get in a fuss if some fools want to ban one, then another, and another, and another, until there are none left to ban, while the other is still availabe ? Other than bragging rights?
That's the "fuss".

Do you want to be told that you can't have a certian plane simply because it "looks scary"?

(Note: the red is my edit.)
Windrider53 is offline Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Agreed

Yet no one has answered my question. If both do the same job, why one over the other ? Why get in a fuss if some fools want to ban one , while the other is still availabe ? Other than bragging rights?
Let's extend this to all things.

Why even have the freedom to chose? So long as there is functional equivalency, we should ban all other products that do the same functional thing.

Only one style of cars, one style of motorcycle, one style of clothes, one type of food, one type of drink, one type of airplane, one type of TV ... we can takes this to infinitum ...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Agreed

Simple the AR 15 can be configured for the job and operator.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:17 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Not true.

So now you are going to try to tell me that the sniper realm is equivalent to the infantry realm?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:24 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Serously? Did you just say that? What's next? You gonna tell us that bayonets are no longer used as well?
LOL, maybe you can present some examples of fixed bayonets in todays combat scenario?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:40 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Let's extend this to all things.

Why even have the freedom to chose? So long as there is functional equivalency, we should ban all other products that do the same functional thing.

Only one style of cars, one style of motorcycle, one style of clothes, one type of food, one type of drink, one type of airplane, one type of TV ... we can takes this to infinitum ...
OK, I agree. So one does a better job of killing than the other. Even thou they are "the same" as some put it.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot