HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:23 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,352 Posts
Definitely on the list!One for a nice summer day( if we get any this year)I like your trimming,clever stuff
Stuart
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:29 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,427 Posts
Measured the left thrust today. It's about seven degrees. There is a bit of down thrust but couldn't quite measure it. It's less than a degree. I think it would be fine to start with the seven degrees left thrust and zero down thrust then trim from there.

I'll update the plans later with the left thrust figure. I consider the plan final for now since it flies so nice. I don't think I need to make the wings thinner.

Again remember, this is with a prop spinning counter clockwise. With a regular prop you should give it seven degrees of right thrust.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:00 PM
yes, its a flying lamb :)
Bitola, Republic of Macedonia
Joined Apr 2009
532 Posts
Wonderful little model, Slabethman.

How does it behave once the rubber is wound out? It's usually a pain to freewheel rubber powered flying wings and get them gliding well.
draganbt is offline Find More Posts by draganbt
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:11 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draganbt View Post

How does it behave once the rubber is wound out? It's usually a pain to freewheel rubber powered flying wings and get them gliding well.
See post 58
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:15 PM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draganbt View Post

As Stu mentioned, see the video.

This is primarily an indoor plane. So it doesn't have a freewheeling prop. Indoor planes are set up to land just as the rubber run out of winds. Or at least as close to it as possible. With peanuts there's always the problem of some rubber bunching up somewhere and doesn't fully unwind.

If you look at the video. When the plane starts descending it's not because it has run out of winds. Rather, it is because the remaining torque couldn't spin the prop fast enough to provide sufficient thrust for level flight.

For this plane. If it does run out of winds while still up there I suspect that it will either glide at a steep angle or spiral into a dive depending on weather the rubber bunches up in the nose or towards the tail making it nose or tail heavy.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:35 PM
InceCreations
Joined Jul 2009
738 Posts
Eye popping, nice little plane!
vincent123 is offline Find More Posts by vincent123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FZ5: prototype time
Old Feb 08, 2014, 11:28 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Sep 2013
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot46 View Post
Neat.Just put one inside the other and mark over.Locating plastic cups without any "ribbing" could be a problem,I'll have to see what I can find,something I could tinker with in a quiet moment.
Stuart
Someone could commission Dixie to print up plastic cups with the prop outlines done as a decoration They look quite ornamental and for some, would be practical.
Rhudson1960 is offline Find More Posts by Rhudson1960