HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2013, 05:34 PM
United States, MN, Ramsey
Joined Dec 2013
9 Posts
I also picked up the 328 from the cyber Monday special, this is my first Fixed Pitch, have been flying co-axials for a while but that's gotten fairly boring so decided to step up to FP. When I saw the price I couldn't resist.

I managed to get a decent hover going on a couple different occasions on my first flight after spinning in circles initially then on my second flight I crashed pretty good into a wall (damn my slightly-too-small indoor flying space!) broke the flybar, found this thread and it seems like that's a fairly common item to go. Thinking of order the Xtreme flybar and swashplate, is there any other must-have upgrades for a newbie?
picklz is offline Find More Posts by picklz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2013, 02:29 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
Trimed out 328 is good flyer and nice size. It can get going pretty fast. Mine has a pretty powerful motor and have to be carefulk or into ceiling quickly. Handles pretty good. flybar and s/plate easy to break. Not a fan of solo-pro plastic parts. low grade to be honest. 328 does fly well and can be fun machine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 15, 2013, 02:44 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklz View Post
I also picked up the 328 from the cyber Monday special, this is my first Fixed Pitch, have been flying co-axials for a while but that's gotten fairly boring so decided to step up to FP. When I saw the price I couldn't resist.

I managed to get a decent hover going on a couple different occasions on my first flight after spinning in circles initially then on my second flight I crashed pretty good into a wall (damn my slightly-too-small indoor flying space!) broke the flybar, found this thread and it seems like that's a fairly common item to go. Thinking of order the Xtreme flybar and swashplate, is there any other must-have upgrades for a newbie?
I have the Xtreme Rods and Paddles on mine and it is xtremely stable. I got tired of the stock flybar breaking on me too often. The swash is good, too, but you can do as well buying a couple stock swashplates for the price and do as well.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Dec 15, 2013, 03:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
My 328 is all stock. I'm sure with extreme parts it would be better. I have an extra fly/ bar and tail assembly. Since it uaes same battery as my MQX/ V929's I'll keep flying it. Its not a bad heli mat all. If it fails for any reason that will be end of it. My S/P J6-pro TX will fly 328/270a/280a. 270A is about best heli Solo-pro made. Its slow but velvet smooth.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 09:45 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
The S/P 328 does fly pretty good. Size is much larger than V911 types. Cost is modest and mine has a very decent main motor/ plus tail holds well also.
Flight times on nano tech 600 ma battery are quite good. I fely stock battery weak but iut did work. Just be careful as blades are much bigger and this baby jumps when you hit the power.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:30 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
I never flew a Blade 120 SR and can not say how they compare. Friend had one and seemed pretty close to me. What I like is perfect size for indoors. Mine for some reason has a very good motor. Tail hold isn't bad and works fine. It can cruise around pretty good and controls work fine.
Last edited by dankar04; Jul 06, 2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 04:41 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,858 Posts
The Blade 120 SR handles much differently. I prefer the handling of the 328, but have a Spektrum transmitter. So, that's why I combined the best of both and crossed over. If you compare crashing, the 120SR is better since there are fewer parts in the linkage. If you compare blades, the 328 blades give a better response (IMHO). However, the total handling has to go to the 328 due to the Bell rotor system. The one thing I have come to like about the 120 SR is that if you want to go on to a CP, it will teach you a bit better how to handle it. Not exactly like the CPs fly, but still has a bit of instability that you find with the CPs.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:52 AM
Should Know Better But Doesn't
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2013
770 Posts
I took mine up for a spin this afternoon after fixing the broken landing gear that was keeping it down for so long.

Lasted about 30 seconds. Wouldn't respond properly to cyclic commands at all, so landed in the grass. Broke the whole bloody landing gear. Waste of time and $$, this POS.

Put it back on the shelf, where it belongs. Nine Eagles = weak, badly implemented rubbish, all of their stuff.
hamsterrorist is offline Find More Posts by hamsterrorist
Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:04 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
Solo-pro has issues with plastic parts. They seem not to care at all. Birds do fly but need after market items to say flying. 328/ 270A do fly well for what they are. New flyers are not going to be happy at how easy parts can break.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:22 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
My 328 is two yeras old. Pinion fell off awhile back and glued back on, did not hold. Used Loctite red no more problem. Tail rotor blade was spinning on tail motor shaft. Again red Loctite no more problem. Broke fly/ bar.. my fault and bird still flys well.
I use it for close nose in flying and dispite alot of flying heli still has good motors. Bobbles a little but thats comon for this type heli. Good size for indoors.
I have J-6 Pro TX worthless for other brand helis. Good plus for it flys 270A/280A/328 and think also a few other Solo-pro helis. 125A 220 ?228 ?? Hey its paid for and birds fly so why not.
Old Aug 06, 2014, 08:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
90 Posts
Blade 120SR main board

Did anyone ever try putting a 120SR main board in the 328? It looks like the main and tail motor connections require modification. From just looking at the pictures that's all I can see that would need to be changed except the radio of course. I have a Spektrum radio. Since my 328 board went south I was thinking about replacing it with a 120SR board.

Thanks.
hereathome is offline Find More Posts by hereathome
Old Aug 08, 2014, 02:15 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,108 Posts
Clone helis are very similar as they steal from each other. Solo-pro and Blade are hobby grade helis and built different. Similar but different. 328 has better head assembly and as far as board not sure if they will be good for frankencopter, I guess it could work. Blade board you could get a whole used heli. The 328 is big for a 120 size. more like a 150.
I am not big fan of Solo-pro. The design isn't bad and if Nine Eagles paid attension to owners sick of cheap sub-standard plastic parts birds might do better. Most are now into quads for folks to lazy to learn how to fly a heli. Put a cheap camera on a quad and now have geek city taking vids of back yards etc.
Anyway 328 is one of better helis S/P made. The motor is quite good and tail hold is not bad either. Someone looking for bigger indoor heli this is't a bad bird.
F/P helis get lift from blade undercamber. Outside in wind acts like a sail. Use outside at own risk, my neighbor lost his 120 SR to wind. Next day lost a Nano QX for same reason.