HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 13, 2014, 05:35 AM
Brabant The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppa Nutta View Post
.....but I do think Black Lion Decals are worth pursuing, anyone used them and what is the quality of their product like ?....
No, I haven`t used them myself, I came across them in a "decal topic" on a dutch forum. And I sure didn`t know the price they ask for one decalsheet

Maybe this will do: Huey decals ? (scroll down a bit on the openingpage)

Cheers, Ramses
Ramses is offline Find More Posts by Ramses
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2014, 06:44 AM
UK
Joined Jan 2002
1,030 Posts
Wow ! Ramses ! You star
Now this is looking good, I like his price break down for custom stuff, one knows where one is with such things
Choppa Nutta is offline Find More Posts by Choppa Nutta
Old May 26, 2014, 05:41 PM
upside down and inside out
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
DH 88 Comet

Markings of G-ACSS in its current state (not "dubious", right)

- "G-ACSS" wide (wings) and narrow (fuselage) are very geometric and have been reverse engineered from photos.
- "34" and "Grosvenor House" are just traced off rectified photos using lots of splines.
- The photos I took in old warden last year when G-ACSS was accessible in the workshop on an open day. So I could take photos from straight below the wings.
- The different markings are true to the original but not in the same scale. Scale up or down individually to suit your model.
- PM me if you need original DWG format.
mrbump is offline Find More Posts by mrbump
Old Jun 02, 2014, 06:33 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,917 Posts
I've been looking for the cockpit decals that sit on the floor of a model showing overhead view the legs, arms etc of the pilot. The pilot head and shoulders at then stuck on top to give a virtual cockpit and pilot.

Any help would be appreciated. It will finish off some of my models nicely.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jun 06, 2014, 05:08 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Brunei, Brunei-Muara, Masin
Joined Nov 2013
130 Posts
Does anyone know of a transparent ink-jet-capable sheet I can use to print my stickers?
immike is offline Find More Posts by immike
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:34 AM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
I use Avery #8665 full sheet clear labels and Avery #8255 full sheet matte white both are for ink jet printing and have adhesive peel and stick backing. Got mine at the local Staples Office supply store. I spray a clear coat over them as the ink jet is not waterproof and helps protect the graphics.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Old Jun 08, 2014, 06:06 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,917 Posts
Just a quick post to say thanks to gorrillabob for his tail art, which as you can see i have just tested out on a spare mug after my first attempt was a failure due to the fixative i used not working properly and letting the colour run

thanksfully the new fixative does as its supposed too so it's on with the plane next.
so here's my addition to this thread, attached to this post is a zip containing ai files that have the main decals for red 13, an fw190 A7 flown by heinz bar, these are currently scaled for 1/12 but as they are all vectors they can be scaled easily, as i already mentioned the tail art is gorrillabob's work so credit him for that

here are some jpg's that shows the contents of the ai files

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:10 AM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,650 Posts
Looks Great Harry!
GorillaBob is online now Find More Posts by GorillaBob