HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2014, 09:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,494 Posts
Rant
T-mart whats wrong with them ?!!

I used them for two years and no problems. 4/22/14 ordered a V120D02s, used card/ recived confirmation payment recieved..so far fine. Check bank account funds taken out 4/23/14 fine so far. Week later check and order still in processing ? Send emails, no replies. Today get on chat line and they want to see pucture of my credit card ? Whats up with that funds were paid.

Then I'm told to cancel and reorder, are you kidding me ? Why would I do that you were paid in good faith and want me to wait another 2 weeks to find out in processing. Are they on Crack or something ? Item is listed in USA warehouse. I had two orders/ one USA other o/s . Two sepeate orders. Waited and wasted almost two weeks on this and told to reorder again. I could have ordered from Bang good, but chose them from past experience. Plus they had item in USA.
They lost me on this nonsense. They use to reply to emails. If I did not follow this up there would be no action taken.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2014, 02:11 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2013
53 Posts
unbelievable! they should check your history with them for the past 2 years and know your a good customer to them, and to ask for your id is uncalled for, just plain bad service imo.

ive dealt with them a few times but never had a problem. all my order came on time.
my last order i got a 40 tablet but it turn out the battery drain real fast. i emailed them, replied within a day and ask if i want to exchange or refund. i opted for a refund, not taking anymore chances with these cheap tablet esp for 40 bucks. they even email me a return shipping label. got it shipped out already but havent got the refund, hopefully by next week.

like you i order a v120, i was gonna go with tmart but BG pricematch hobbywow so it was cheaper than tmart. never had a problem with them either and i got a tracking #.
is tmart making things right? other than canceling the order.
i think they should sell it to you at a discounted price 20% or more to make it right. since you never had any problem up until not i wouldnt mind purchasing from them again.
prelude555 is offline Find More Posts by prelude555
Old May 04, 2014, 02:21 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
It is possible that you input the wrong CVV code (3 letter code at the back of your card) or failed AVS (the address you gave did not match the billing address of your card). It is very easy to mistype the CVV code.

I agree though that they should have checked your past history and made an allowance.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; May 04, 2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old May 04, 2014, 07:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
377 Posts
Well i have a duzy of a pick with them as well. First got a frelled up v272 which hey it happens. I had to wait a week to send it back. Their rma system was down then they told me it would ship from us warehouse. Nope three different answers only one right one. So now i gotta wait another month. Yes things have been going pear shaped with them.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old May 04, 2014, 08:36 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,494 Posts
Here is my main reason for Rant is account monies were taken out. so card #'s were correct. Plus same card used for last several orders. Plus I have used them very recenttly. Hey it was paid for what else can be said.
If there was a reason ?? Why no notice, or replies to emails ? I chose them as no problems before. Yes not cheapest but they expanded their heli line/ Quads also.

Many know I'm a very active flyer. Mainly smaller birds. Also fly Master c/p's and thought V120 would be great. Never in my wildest notion thought this would happen to what was a good outfit. Bo-Ho on me. Tammy could give a dump less from T-Mart. Who asks for picture of your credit card ??
Old May 04, 2014, 09:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
377 Posts
OK the picture of card thing is a new one. I'm gonna have to call bs on that one. And the last couple of months tmart has had some issues. Lack of proper info and sop execution being the most tiresome.
Old May 04, 2014, 09:58 AM
HFP80-HCP80-TREX 150
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2014
285 Posts
personally I don't use anyone that doesn't ship from USA anymore...
FliHi is offline Find More Posts by FliHi
Old May 04, 2014, 10:09 AM
Joined Aug 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Here is my main reason for Rant is account monies were taken out. so card #'s were correct. Plus same card used for last several orders. Plus I have used them very recenttly. Hey it was paid for what else can be said.
If there was a reason ?? Why no notice, or replies to emails ? I chose them as no problems before. Yes not cheapest but they expanded their heli line/ Quads also.

Many know I'm a very active flyer. Mainly smaller birds. Also fly Master c/p's and thought V120 would be great. Never in my wildest notion thought this would happen to what was a good outfit. Bo-Ho on me. Tammy could give a dump less from T-Mart. Who asks for picture of your credit card ??
Yep after this complete cf I will not do a preorder again from them unless its from their us warehouse. That being said my last order from hobbyking got her in a week and a half.
Old May 04, 2014, 10:11 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,494 Posts
Funny I recently bought a Mini c/p from them. No problem at all, same card.
Then bought Master c/p parts, same card. Then bought Jewlers led mag. glasses, same card. All differnt times.. no problem. SAME CARD.

T-mart messed up plain and simple. They have some there why are clueless, untrained or just do not give a dump. i bought a V262 Quad from them and two motors failed. Nort really their fault and fixed it myself. I guess I'm one of those silly prople who think customers should be given some respect...Not so with T-mart. I was in Sales and service for many years. No customers/ no job !!!!!!
Old May 04, 2014, 10:27 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
It is highly possible that T-mart does not have your previous credit card details. This is especially if the transaction is processed immediately by a third party payment gateway.

Although the payment is already approved, the merchant (in this case Tmart) would have the final say. Among the details available to the merchant would be whether CVS, AVS and whether country that issued the credit card matched. In my experience, the biggest red light for fraud would be when the card issuing country does not match the residing country.

I know this because I have been an Internet merchant before. New or junior staff tends to much more careful. I used to reject loads of transactions before but rejected much less as I got more experienced.
Old May 04, 2014, 12:21 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,494 Posts
I have no idea what happened. Ordered ?V120 w extra battery. Paid for it/ account monies taken out to T-mart. Recieve confimation payment accepted. Then item stays in processing and no contact. Ignore repete emails/ then finally
get some dummie on their chat line. Asked for picture of said credit card after they were paid. Dumb a$$ city. Told to cancel and reorder.!! do they really think I will ever give them a dime again ??
Moral of story pass T-mart. They are more expensive anyway. Go to a vendor that has folks who know what they are doing.
Old May 04, 2014, 12:33 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
I believe the reason why they wanted you to cancel your order and re-order again was to see whether the CVS, AVS and card issuing country matched this time round.

This is definitely unnecessary in your case. When I was a merchant, the first thing we did when we saw a mismatch was to check whether the customer had ordered before.
Old May 04, 2014, 02:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I believe the reason why they wanted you to cancel your order and re-order again was to see whether the CVS, AVS and card issuing country matched this time round.

This is definitely unnecessary in your case. When I was a merchant, the first thing we did when we saw a mismatch was to check whether the customer had ordered before.
This is why I got upset. A repete customer that has current orders filled. I have ordered helis/quads/ parts/ batteries over last two yeras. Just an example of inept jack a$$es. I use alot of what they sell, but noticed lately things got slower, and slower. Damage is done and they don't care anyway.
Old May 04, 2014, 06:26 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2013
269 Posts
Im confused. Why use the card for transactions and not PP? Dont know Tmart, never ordered a thing from there, but Im expecting in this day and age that even a granma selling home made hot cakes from a modified hot dog stand should be able to accept PP payment.
And you made repeated purchases using the card itself?

They can't ask for pictures of your Paypal card. Just sayin'
mycanopyisready is offline Find More Posts by mycanopyisready
Old May 04, 2014, 07:08 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycanopyisready View Post
Im confused. Why use the card for transactions and not PP? Dont know Tmart, never ordered a thing from there, but Im expecting in this day and age that even a granma selling home made hot cakes from a modified hot dog stand should be able to accept PP payment.
And you made repeated purchases using the card itself?

They can't ask for pictures of your Paypal card. Just sayin'
Why not use a Debit/Credit card?

It has similar if not better payment protection than that of PayPal.

Both are great methods of payment with recourse options - it's Western Union, Bank Transfer and some others that aren't.
ZeRoEXPO is offline Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO