HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:30 PM
Oh no not another one
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire UK
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Discussion
Syma S026 Remote problem

I am posting this in the hope that it may strike a chord with anyone else that has experienced this or a similar problem.

I just acquired 4 Syma S026 helicopters in pretty good nick but described as not working. The helicopters are actually OK, just a couple of missing connect buckles, a damaged motor lead and a duff battery and they were all sorted quite quickly.

The problem is with the remotes - all 4 are faulty!!! I don't think I have ever encountered more than 1 faulty Syma remote, so 4 out of 4 is too much of a coincidence.

There was no IR output from any of the emitters on any of the remotes when viewed with a digital camera. When I opened one up to have a look I eventually discovered one of the 3 IR emitters was reading open circuit. I changed it for one out the spares bin and it worked - for about 2 seconds. Another emitter out. Changed that - same again. Yes, the third one was out. Changed that and the remote again worked for a couple of seconds but then the heli started up on its own so its not just the IR emitters at fault. Now that remote's emitters still light up under the camera but it is not controlling the helicopters on any channel.

Anyone know of any common faults with the S026 transmitters as my electronics knowledge is not good enough to know where to look next?
eyemdee is offline Find More Posts by eyemdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:49 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
Is it the non gyro S026 or the gyro S026G you have?

I have a few non gyro Tx's that came with spares or repairs S026 Chinooks so may be able to help you out

cheers John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:37 PM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
They are all the non gyro version without the charge lead so all pretty basic inside. All dead, although the LED lights normally. I have tried changing LED's and the driver transistor but really getting nowhere. If there is any way you can help I would be happy to buy some off you if the price is not too high!

Thanks, Ian
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
Hi Ian,

I will look a couple out, check to see that they work ok and if you cover the postage you can have them

The earliest I could post them would be Tuesday if you are happy with my suggestion.

cheers John.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:44 PM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
^^ That would be great John, thanks very much. If you pm me your email address I will send you a PayPal payment to cover the postage and fees if that is OK. I will pm my address for you when you let me know the cost of postage. I only have one working Tx off my own S026 and I am getting paranoid about that failing now as it is getting a lot of use!

Thanks again

Ian

PS Tuesday is fine, I am in no rush
Last edited by eyemdee; Jul 12, 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: PS
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:50 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
If you would like to pm me your address, I will post them Tuesday and when I find out how much it is I will pm you.

cheers John.