HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:59 PM
Joined Sep 2013
69 Posts
So I think its time for a new wing. This one has been repaired four times now. Not going to attempt fix number five, this wing has been this particular example's issue. As one of my earlier clips shows, its had bugger all aileron travel. I added some weight to the nose, and it was flying nice and level, but just would not roll, esp to the left. Oh well. Now to find a wing for it.

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1404701958977.jpg
Views: 25
Size: 54.9 KB
Description:
schuey19 is offline Find More Posts by schuey19
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2014, 10:29 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2012
99 Posts
Love the lego pilot. I did the same with my Great Planes Sabre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuey19 View Post
So I think its time for a new wing. This one has been repaired four times now. Not going to attempt fix number five, this wing has been this particular example's issue. As one of my earlier clips shows, its had bugger all aileron travel. I added some weight to the nose, and it was flying nice and level, but just would not roll, esp to the left. Oh well. Now to find a wing for it.

Attachment 6910710
59er9er is online now Find More Posts by 59er9er
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Lunch time fun
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:10 AM
Joined Apr 2013
574 Posts
I flew my Spitfire this morning in the wind. I was very surprised at how well it did.
Normally I don't fly if the wind is up? But I had just flown the FZ P-38 and it did great so I thought I'd try the Spitfire. Spitfire did good. Not as well as the P-38 but I was in control all the time. Landing could have been better but I really suck and landing these little under camber planes!

Jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GoPro videos of my UMX WarBirds
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:01 AM
Jacknetair
United States, TN, Copperhill
Joined Sep 2013
291 Posts
I got to fly my Spit with the new wing the other day and it flew great. Hand launched it and she climbed right out. I truly believe "altitude is our friend" especially for newbies. I flew just as dark was coming on and I got it up so high I lost orientation. So I cut throttle to bring her down and really was losing what her attitude was and stalled it and flipped it and it dove into one of those orange plastic barricades. The good news is I hit it square in the middle and it simply bounced back and fluffed right on the grass. I've never been that lucky with a crash. Can't wait to fly again. They are fun.
Jacknet is offline Find More Posts by Jacknet