Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:32 PM
Joined Jul 2006
559 Posts
I love the Radian very much and he outperform the ASK. But the ASK looks like a real plane in the air the radian only like a model. The stock HiStart system is not really helpful for thermal flights and the ASK need high aerotow for this but aerotow make fun and generally glider with motor is cheating
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2014, 02:50 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
finally I made a retracting motor :-D
mostly_harmess is offline Find More Posts by mostly_harmess
Old Jun 29, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
now with pics...

btw. flies ok, climbs just enough to avoid outlandings when thermals stop @ the slope
mostly_harmess is offline Find More Posts by mostly_harmess
Old Jul 01, 2014, 06:15 PM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,327 Posts
Late to the party.

I bagged two ASK-21s when they went on sale for $49.00 last year. I also got two quad rotors and a heli around the same time which took up most of my flying time. Today I decided to maiden (glide test) it, and let me say that I am very impressed! I have zero fight time on a glider, or any plank, let alone a 4 channel one. What I do have is lots of simulator time.

I decided to visit a local park with a small knoll to attempt the test glide from. I'd eyeballed all the control surfaces last night and trued them up as best as I could see.

I tossed her from the little knoll and the glide was straight and true, no trimming needed. I then tried five or six disc launches (I must have looked funny to others) and realized that I have a lot of DL practicing to do. Each flight lasted from 6 to 10 seconds, enough time for me to fly her back to me to catch. Wow!

Then my right aileron went out, no movement. Oh well. I had a blast and was just glide testing before taking her to the slope I intend to fly later. I did not crash and we all know how that feels.

When I examined her at home, no problem found, all control surfaces work. Sweet! Now I can take to my big hill and give her a true test flight.
Brown Shoe is offline Find More Posts by Brown Shoe
Last edited by Brown Shoe; Jul 01, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 02:33 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe View Post
I bagged two ASK-21s when they went on sale for $49.00 last year. I also got two quad rotors and a heli around the same time which took up most of my flying time. Today I decided to maiden (glide test) it, and let me say that I am very impressed! I have zero fight time on a glider, or any plank, let alone a 4 channel one. What I do have is lots of simulator time.

I decided to visit a local park with a small knoll to attempt the test glide from. I'd eyeballed all the control surfaces last night and trued them up as best as I could see.

I tossed her from the little knoll and the glide was straight and true, no trimming needed. I then tried five or six disc launches (I must have looked funny to others) and realized that I have a lot of DL practicing to do. Each flight lasted from 6 to 10 seconds, enough time for me to fly her back to me to catch. Wow!

Then my right aileron went out, no movement. Oh well. I had a blast and was just glide testing before taking her to the slope I intend to fly later. I did not crash and we all know how that feels.

When I examined her at home, no problem found, all control surfaces work. Sweet! Now I can take to my big hill and give her a true test flight.
Probably not the best glider for DLG.. The airframe won't be rigid enough to take the stress.. Probably why you lost the Right aileron in the field
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 02, 2014, 04:30 PM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Probably not the best glider for DLG.. The airframe won't be rigid enough to take the stress.. Probably why you lost the Right aileron in the field
Oh, I agree 100%! I went back to the park for a few more tosses and on the last toss I really whipped it good and I had a great flight except I managed to rip off the wing tip. I'll be repairing it later on today. No more DL for me.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:48 AM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Jan 2012
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe View Post
Oh, I agree 100%! I went back to the park for a few more tosses and on the last toss I really whipped it good and I had a great flight except I managed to rip off the wing tip. I'll be repairing it later on today. No more DL for me.

If you are looking for an inexpensive DLG I recommend the Dreamflight Libelle. Its a nice inexpensive glider and you wont rip the wing off

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2095201
http://dream-flight.com/products/libelle-dlg
Lumpy05 is offline Find More Posts by Lumpy05
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:48 PM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy05 View Post
If you are looking for an inexpensive DLG I recommend the Dreamflight Libelle. Its a nice inexpensive glider and you wont rip the wing off

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2095201
http://dream-flight.com/products/libelle-dlg
Thanks for the 411. I was only disc launching it to trim it before taking it to the slope. It is not my intention to fly it that way.