Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:09 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@vpsporb
Thanks for the positive report on the Xtreme upgrades. Nice pictures to boot. I especially like the last one. Good angle.

Could you clear up something for me. On the Xtreme skids, can the battery cage be removed? I thought I see a screw holding it together to the frame. It suggest you can unscrew to remove the battery cage from the skids. Thanks.

BTW, I got the white one also. Is your RX the blue, rev.02 version like mine is? Seems the black heli and spare RX are coming as rev.04.
Thanks, did you get the White-Red or the White-Blue? I not seen any pictures of the Blue yet, it's more striking/better looking in real life. Kudos to the Art/Design team @ WL Toys!

The RX is Green rev.04 on both my V911's, your White has the Blue rev.02 RX? huh.... I wonder why? If you have "both" are there operational differences between the RXs?

The Extreme Skids' battery box is indeed held to the skid by a top mounted screw, the box looks easily rotatable. The copper battery contacts are nice too.
It would be interesting to Mod it for the V911, but I've got a bag full of stock batteries to use up.... and my "ver.2 Velcro battery strap" works great for using my NE batteries in the V911 battery box.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
Staffs UK
Joined Nov 2006
117 Posts
Servo Problems

My 911 has a strange servo problem, without the motor running they work smooth, however with the motor going they are very twitchy moving in steps and hesitating.

This makes for challenging flying

any ideas???
Tilly is offline Find More Posts by Tilly
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:54 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,067 Posts
I am curious how the white/blue version looks as well. Yes, my red/white version has the blue rev.02 board. We're building a v911 from parts and that will have the rev.04 board on it. I will see if they fly any different and report back when I can discern any differences between them.

@Tilly,
Did you always have this problem? Or did it started recently?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
I just tried 12 gauge it was too big. I'm guessing 14 or 16 will be closer. I just don't have any

PVC glue worked the best for my cracked canopy and landing skid. Aren't all the parts PVC? or just the flexy ones?
I had the same problem, I was looking for replacements for my mSR, it is just a matter of keep trying till you find the size you need

I think you would also find that different helis have different sizes needed

As a very untidy fix you could cut a small square from an elastic band, put a pin hole in the centre and that will slip over the rod, this won't win any beauty contests but it would do till you find the size of cable you need
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:11 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,067 Posts
My v911 doesn't need the o-ring. The mSR and NineEagles need the grommets because the plastic used in their canopy is optimized for weight. So it's very, very thin and flimsy. The grommets helps to 1. secure the canopy to the frame, and 2. to prevent micro cracks around the hole in the thin plastic.

On the v911, we don't have these issues. The plastic used is solid and holds on the frame perfectly secure. Why add additional hassle of putting o-rings. That a flawed design that E-Flite abandoned when they revise the mCX and created the mCX2.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
Staffs UK
Joined Nov 2006
117 Posts
Quote:
I am curious how the white/blue version looks as well. Yes, my red/white version has the blue rev.02 board. We're building a v911 from parts and that will have the rev.04 board on it. I will see if they fly any different and report back when I can discern any differences between them.

@Tilly,
Did you always have this problem? Or did it started recently?
It started a week or so back, also the gyro is acting like the gain is set too high. I have a new board on order shipped out of HK the 17th.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
As mentioned earlier by the OP, a website by the name of taobao.com also sells the V911. I did some digging and they actually have a seller with pictures of the blue version of this heli. Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1..._4z6_773219696
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,067 Posts
Thanks for that helpful 1st post @FrugalisFlyer. Welcome to the board.

@Tilly:
It's possible one of the motor is going bad, drawing too much current for the RX to properly drive the servos.

Of the two motors, I would suspect the tail first. Try throttling up and pressing the rudder full LEFT. This should prevent the tail motor from running. Move the AIL/EVE around and see if the servo is still glitchy. If it is, then perhaps the main motor is the problem. Proceed to the next part for further testing...

Part2: Checking to see if Main Motor is the culprit
If you have an extra motor, you can try swapping out the motor. Or you can try to desolder the motor wire entirely. Then resume testing by throttling up and moving the servo around. See if the glitch goes away.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
a few people asked for it so I exported my ER9X model settings for the v911.

either download and extract the attached zip file or get it straight from this link

the zip contains both model configs for v911 and 9958, you can import them individually.

v911 config summary:
* throttle safety switch - (Thr. cut switch)
* lift off assistant: mixer to prevent sliing left upon take off
* throttle activated timer
* 50% expo on RUD, AIL and ELE
* 3 preconfigured rates (RUD, AIL and ELE) on the 3-way switch (L-M-H)
* poti controls rates 0-100% (RUD, AIL and ELE) - (right poti)
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,067 Posts
Nicely done @Mulder_

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing.

Edit to add:
I am trying to program in for those that did the BS170 tranistor mod for their backlight panel, the ability to have the backlight wake during stick movements. And goes to sleep after a set time once no stick movement is detected. I saw the example PatMackezie posted on the er9x thread. But something is incorrect at the moment.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
My v911 doesn't need the o-ring. On the v911, we don't have these issues. The plastic used is solid and holds on the frame perfectly secure. Why add additional hassle of putting o-rings. That a flawed design that E-Flite abandoned when they revise the mCX and created the mCX2.
True, the V911 really doesn't need the O-rings to keep the canopy on, but I've found that without them the canopy vibrates and just adds to the noise the V911 produces.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Staffs UK
Joined Nov 2006
117 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that helpful 1st post @FrugalisFlyer. Welcome to the board.

@Tilly:
It's possible one of the motor is going bad, drawing too much current for the RX to properly drive the servos.

Of the two motors, I would suspect the tail first. Try throttling up and pressing the rudder full LEFT. This should prevent the tail motor from running. Move the AIL/EVE around and see if the servo is still glitchy. If it is, then perhaps the main motor is the problem. Proceed to the next part for further testing...

Part2: Checking to see if Main Motor is the culprit
If you have an extra motor, you can try swapping out the motor. Or you can try to desolder the motor wire entirely. Then resume testing by throttling up and moving the servo around. See if the glitch goes away.
Thanks Daryoon,

I have motors coming also in the pack of spares I bought, just a thought but flight times are not affected at all....Off to check the tail motor now
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:29 PM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
with two blue ones in transit to me i had hoped they would be a little sexier, not to worry they are for my sons birthday
_sprowt is offline Find More Posts by _sprowt
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _sprowt View Post
with two blue ones in transit to me i had hoped they would be a little sexier, not to worry they are for my sons birthday
LOL... i have a blue one in route. Was hoping for one with darker shades of blue for a more masculine look.
ink124 is offline Find More Posts by ink124
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
yeah its a little too manchester cityish !!! might have to think of a respray
_sprowt is offline Find More Posts by _sprowt