New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2016, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
838 Posts
I agree. Completely overpriced. If TechOne ever went away I think I would loose it.

I try to recommend TechOne whenever possible.
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2016, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by fauconnier
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz View Post
I agree. Completely overpriced. If TechOne ever went away I think I would loose it.

I try to recommend TechOne whenever possible.
+1

It's ridiculous to pay big bucks for printed cut sheets of packing foam.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 22, 2016, 08:20 AM
Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
2,004 Posts
Today ended flight testing on my rebuilt Yak 54. 15 mph gusting. The stabilizer handled the majority of it. Perfection. Ready to rumble.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 27, 2016, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Field of Dreams Flyer
United States, CA, LA
Joined Sep 2004
11,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snake View Post
Has anyone built one of these yet?

Got two issues.

I need to get the pool pool router an elevator tighter, the photo is kind of vague.

My second issue is my ESC keeps cutting out, typically the default settings are usually ok. Any thoughts?

http://www.motionrc.com/techone-meti...-wingspan-pnp/
Pull Pull not Pool Pool , and whats a router .
FieldofDreamsFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Old Jan 27, 2016, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by The Snake
Registered RC NUT!
United States, CA, Lomita
Joined Jun 2002
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldofDreamsFlyer View Post
Pull Pull not Pool Pool , and whats a router .
YO Mikey,

I used my google voice option to speak it and i guess i didn't double check it son! You know, you saw my plane! Pull pull rudder...
The Snake is online now Find More Posts by The Snake
Old Feb 06, 2016, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by Enrique K.
Montevideo, Uruguay
Joined Apr 2006
115 Posts
Soft EPP?

A friend of mine recently bought a HobbyKing Yak 55, ostensibly made by TechOne. The EPP foam is much less rigid than the one in my Yaks ( of which I have two that are 2 and 3 years old). For example, checking the ailerons before take-off facing the wind, the whole plane oscillated substantially; mine barely budged .

Has anyone been experiencing this too or is my friend's example a one-off case?

Thanks!
Enrique K. is offline Find More Posts by Enrique K.
Last edited by Enrique K.; Feb 06, 2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by japan3d
Rolling Takeoff
Japan
Joined Jun 2005
89 Posts
SU-31 Battery strap

Just finished a SU-31 II, is there a need for velcro on the battery? The battery strap doesn't seem to hold the battery very secure. Or maybe I'm not using the strap the right way.
japan3d is offline Find More Posts by japan3d
Old Feb 20, 2016, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by fauconnier
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
1,025 Posts
Does it help you ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 26, 2016, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by krisvanjr
Cloud Dancer Jr
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2014
270 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone built one of these yet?

Got two issues.

I need to get the pull pull rudder an elevator tighter, the photo is kind of vague.

My second issue is my ESC keeps cutting out, typically the default settings are usually ok. Any thoughts?

http://www.motionrc.com/techone-meti...-wingspan-pnp/
Did you get the pull pull fixed? If you use one string tied to one side of the rudder then thru the servo arm and around thru the other side of the servo arm to the other side of rudder. And put a screw in one of the servo arm holes. Wrap the string and tighten up too your likeing.
krisvanjr is online now Find More Posts by krisvanjr
Old Feb 26, 2016, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by The Snake
Registered RC NUT!
United States, CA, Lomita
Joined Jun 2002
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisvanjr View Post
Did you get the pull pull fixed? If you use one string tied to one side of the rudder then thru the servo arm and around thru the other side of the servo arm to the other side of rudder. And put a screw in one of the servo arm holes. Wrap the string and tighten up too your likeing.
I was able to get it more tight, also I used to slightly different method. I just got the two strings tight then put a drop of CA to keep it from coming loose
. But the elevator is a little loose, I will have to order some more strain to try your method on my elevator. Otherwise the Pull-Pull works great.

But my second issue is still unresolved, my ESC is still cutting out when I engage the ailerons fully. I had to cut my rates way down to fly it... I am wanting to wake up the 3D beast in this plane but can't. I may need to go with a bigger speed controller or what. It came with a 6amp ESC. It seams the BEC Is not strong enough to run four 5.5 Digital servos.
The Snake is online now Find More Posts by The Snake
Old Feb 26, 2016, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by krisvanjr
Cloud Dancer Jr
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2014
270 Posts
Quote:
I was able to get it more tight, also I used to slightly different method. I just got the two strings tight then put a drop of CA to keep it from coming loose
. But the elevator is a little loose, I will have to order some more strain to try your method on my elevator. Otherwise the Pull-Pull works great.

But my second issue is still unresolved, my ESC is still cutting out when I engage the ailerons fully. I had to cut my rates way down to fly it... I am wanting to wake up the 3D beast in this plane but can't. I may need to go with a bigger speed controller or what. It came with a 6amp ESC. It seams the BEC Is not strong enough to run four 5.5 Digital servos.
If you have very thin spider wire fishing line that works great. Or power line pro. Any of the breaded fishing lines work good.
krisvanjr is online now Find More Posts by krisvanjr
Old Feb 27, 2016, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
838 Posts
First flights of the season on my Tempo today, got to near 60 in Twin Cities. Freaking love TechOne!!! Their planes fly so good and are just great fun. I also flew my $500 balsa plane and got not nearly the enjoyment. Fly Low!
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by LTOB
United States, IL, East Moline
Joined Mar 2008
71 Posts
Morning guys, just ran across this thread for the Tech One planes. I am still wet behind the ears flyer with a little over a year under my belt. I picked up a Venus used at a swap meet a month ago. Well if I would have known these planes were so easy to fly I would have saved a bunch of money with trainers. I was thoroughly impressed the first time in the air. I started with 50% throws and 40% expo and have since swapped to 100% throws. I have suggested to all my flying buddies that want a 3D trainer to pick one up. Will be buying a new Venus shortly and passing this old one to my dad to learn with. did just finish up a GriffWerks plane so really anxious to see how it compares. Brian LTOB
LTOB is online now Find More Posts by LTOB
Old Mar 23, 2016, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
4,209 Posts
07 12 15 Flying Swift Low and Slow in Small area (4 min 31 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Mar 23, 2016, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by ahicks
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
2,880 Posts
Dale, and others flying a Swift for a while,
Just built my 3rd Swift (in as many years) and tried an idea with more lively tumbling action in mind. Been flying it long enough now, and it's worked out well enough, where I thought I might share. I cut 2.5" off the back of the fuse prior to gluing the tail on. Had to add 6 small sheet metal screws to the back of the skid to get it into balance, but no overall weight increase. Even though I have several others, this is now my favorite foamie. Still very stable in all attitudes, but with a 2.5" shorter tail moment, obviously more capably when it comes to some of the higher energy stuff.

Mod is pretty simple if starting with a new plane. Really doesn't involve anything fancy.

Another move made just recently, is the swap to a higher kv motor. With no other changes (even using the same prop), I now have completely stupid power on tap with the ability to rocket up out of a hover. Only downside is reduced flight times when pushing it hard - maybe 5 minutes on a 1500mah. This extra power, with no weight increase, well worth what it cost to try. All components staying nice and cool.

I had been running a D3536/8 1000kv -

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbykingst...arehouse_.html

And switched to the identical weight and size D3536/6 1250kv -

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
ahicks is offline Find More Posts by ahicks