Old Jan 25, 2016, 04:56 AM
Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Jun 2014
253 Posts
I'm running stock digital servos in the durafly EFX and with the GR-12 set at 20ms everything seems great.
I wonder if it would be a good thing to have a servo pop up box when you are doing a new model set up ?
This did catch me out and if it wasn't for you I'd be heading back to the dealer for a replacement lol.. to have that setting in fail safe icon was a bit strange too but hey I'm just a newbie

I'm now fiddling with butterfly and I have will have some questions :

Firstly the orientation of the flap servos can they be mirror imaged when you install them or do they have to be positioned the same way ?
Can I control butterfly from the throttle stick which is channel one and have the second flap on channel 6 ? I don't want to run a Y lead.

Cheers Daz
ABOVE_AND_BEYOND is online now Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Last edited by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND; Jan 27, 2016 at 06:50 AM. Reason: silly predictive text on Iphone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2016, 05:12 AM
Find More Posts by rockowwc
Australia, QLD, Redbank Plains
Joined Jan 2016
97 Posts
Well I ordered my Teensy development board today.. Going to be working on a few projects ..

1. Conversion HUB.. allows using frsky s-port sensors with hott.
2. Try and make a capacative glow fuel tank level sensor.

Rob
rockowwc is online now Find More Posts by rockowwc
Old Jan 30, 2016, 03:51 PM
VHO
Find More Posts by VHO
VHO
glider misguider
Armidale NSW Australia
Joined Feb 2007
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND View Post
I'm running stock digital servos in the durafly EFX and with the GR-12 set at 20ms everything seems great.
I wonder if it would be a good thing to have a servo pop up box when you are doing a new model set up ?
This did catch me out and if it wasn't for you I'd be heading back to the dealer for a replacement lol.. to have that setting in fail safe icon was a bit strange too but hey I'm just a newbie

I'm now fiddling with butterfly and I have will have some questions :

Firstly the orientation of the flap servos can they be mirror imaged when you install them or do they have to be positioned the same way ?
Can I control butterfly from the throttle stick which is channel one and have the second flap on channel 6 ? I don't want to run a Y lead.

Cheers Daz
Hi Darryl,

I presume you are trying to set up a glider (no motor) with 2 flaps and 2 ailerons on a 6 ch Rx. What Tx?

Mirror the flap and aileron servos is the way to go.

You might be 1 Ch short of a full house to do the job properly. Usually you use Ch1 to drive butterfly C2, Ch5 (ailerons), Ch6 and 7 (flaps) and elevator comp Ch3.

Without a better description of the set up you are trying to do, its a bit hard guessing how to help.

Tell us / me more.

Hutton
VHO is offline Find More Posts by VHO
Old Feb 01, 2016, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by bhughes
Team pro-rc
Canada, AB, Camrose
Joined Aug 2013
140 Posts
Graupner frustration
I have a Graupner mz-18 radio and am struggling with trying to program flaps. I can't seem to figure out how to assign a channel to the function. The operating manual has very little text, used terminology that is unfamiliar and the pictures don't match the program in my transmitter. It also wants me to assign a "rate A" and "rate B" value but I want a proportional flap response. Anyone got experience with this?

question my buddie has. I haven't owned a plane with flaps since switching to graupner so I'm asking for help with his question lol
bhughes is online now Find More Posts by bhughes
Old Feb 02, 2016, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Jun 2014
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VHO View Post
Hi Darryl,

I presume you are trying to set up a glider (no motor) with 2 flaps and 2 ailerons on a 6 ch Rx. What Tx?

Mirror the flap and aileron servos is the way to go.

You might be 1 Ch short of a full house to do the job properly. Usually you use Ch1 to drive butterfly C2, Ch5 (ailerons), Ch6 and 7 (flaps) and elevator comp Ch3.

Without a better description of the set up you are trying to do, its a bit hard guessing how to help.

Tell us / me more.

Hutton
Hi Hutton,

Thank you for the info,

I swapped out left flap from ch1 to ch7 and that has made the flaps work nicely !

I'm running an MZ-18 with the 12 channel receiver and I would like to control the following :

Q-link 1( Normal )

*Full span Ailerons using the flaps as ailerons as well. found out where I can do this in "FLAP MIX" page
*Elevator
*Rudder
*Flap control on throttle stick with elevator compensation .

Q-link2 (Rename Butterfly)

*Outboard Ailerons
*Butterfly mix on throttle stick, assigned to S3 with elevator compensation.
*Elevator
*Rudder

Model is a 2 metre slope soarer.. pics to follow

Cheers Daz
ABOVE_AND_BEYOND is online now Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Last edited by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND; Feb 03, 2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: q link mistake
Old Mar 02, 2016, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by muss51
pa.
Joined Jan 2003
163 Posts
it has been awhile sense I looked in this group. and I was wondering if open hobby is still in business.

the reason I ask is that I have tried to call them at 1-855-572-4688 ( can not figure out the coding they have as a phone # being 1-855-5+RCicHoTT)and got a reply that is no longer in service. so I tried a phone # that manny gave me being 1-855-572-4746 and that number has a full mail box AND I AM NOT SURE WHO I EVEN CALLED BECAUSE IT HAD NO NAME OF ANY TYPE. so I tried to email them on rc groups and it's reply was mail box full. so then I tried to email service@openhobby.com and got no response. so I thought I would put up in the forum to find out if they still exist !

I have a mz18 that needs attention because I get a red logo light instead of a blue one , which does not allow you to set a bind or an output on the tx.

OPEN HOBBY, AN IDEA HOW ABOUT JUST A PHONE # AND NOT IN CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muss51 is offline Find More Posts by muss51
Last edited by muss51; Mar 02, 2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2016, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by Graupner USA
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
1,807 Posts
We do exist and we are in the midst of a warehouse move so most of us are hard to reach. I received your PM but will reply here.

Now, is your problem not being able to bind? The logo light color is a function of the system setting.

Can you please explain how you were trying to bind.

Thanks
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2016, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by Kiesling
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,914 Posts
1-855-572-4746 is what is listed on the web page. They are in the process of moving locations so that may be why they haven't responded. They are definitely still in business.

On the MZ-24, the color of the logo light doesn't have anything to do with whether you can bind or if the TX outputs RF. In fact you can program what color it is. Mine is set to purple. I'd be surprised if the MZ-18 is different. . .
The logo will flash during a range test, but other than that it just looks pretty as far as I can tell.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Mar 02, 2016, 02:59 PM
pa.
Joined Jan 2003
163 Posts
graupner usa:

I have beeping sound that comes on after the blue logo and does not go away but the logo turns red and will not let me set a bind or to turn on the rx. but the other mz18 operates just fine.
I want to send the bad tx back for service and need a ra# and I tried and tried to get one , but I find all ways to get ahold and talk ,is very upsetting with all that a person has to go thru. I just want a ra# and a good address to send it to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not want to fill out your form and print it, then take a picture of it then send it to who ever. how about something simple and older person can understand
Old Mar 02, 2016, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by Kiesling
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muss51 View Post
graupner usa:

I have beeping sound that comes on after the blue logo and does not go away but the logo turns red and will not let me set a bind or to turn on the rx. but the other mz18 operates just fine.
I want to send the bad tx back for service and need a ra# and I tried and tried to get one , but I find all ways to get ahold and talk ,is very upsetting with all that a person has to go thru. I just want a ra# and a good address to send it to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not want to fill out your form and print it, then take a picture of it then send it to who ever. how about something simple and older person can understand
Which firmware version are you using? Did you turn the RF off before you tried to bind your RX to the second transmitter?

Once you turn the RF off, the TX should stop beeping and you should be able to perform the bind procedure.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Mar 02, 2016, 03:25 PM
pa.
Joined Jan 2003
163 Posts
kiesling:
I erased all programs and I did a factory reset as they had told me months ago, took out the sd card and then tried to setup a new program with 0 results to get away from the beeping. as of now I feel lucky I have another mz18 to beable to start my flying season. but the bad one was to be my backup tx and it only had about 2 hrs of on time. while the other mz18 I have has maybe 200 hrs of on time over the past 3yr of using it and I have had no problems with it so far.
and they are both of the same version soft ware as they came from the factory cause I will not try to install a new version cause I have seen to many people have problems to get a newer version.
Old Mar 03, 2016, 04:11 AM
Find More Posts by tobytorkn
peebles,ohio
Joined Dec 2004
184 Posts
I'm helping a friend set up an imac plane with multiple servos. I've figured out setting up triple rates. I can set up centering and endpoints of servo movement but cannot figure out a way to set up ganged servos so they move together smoothly without fighting (binding) each other. with large servo movements the endpoints and center are fine but midway they are fighting and will cause servo wear. thanks for the help. Toby
tobytorkn is online now Find More Posts by tobytorkn
Old Mar 03, 2016, 05:59 AM
Find More Posts by davidmc36
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
5,241 Posts
Since Graupner does not have an actual "Servo Balance" feature like some others (at least not that I have been able to see) I was thinking that mixing a servo to itself using curve mix might allow you to tweak a bit to remove interference.

After all, as near as I can see, the balance feature that I have used before pretty much amounts to doing just that, only the interface looks a bit different. The one I played with on Spektrum had I think only 5 points and seemed effective.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Mar 03, 2016, 06:01 AM
pa.
Joined Jan 2003
163 Posts
I talked with Tim from graupner after I sent my last post and found out that he just saw my email and called me. which he had me explain what the problem was , then he to suggested for me to send the radio back .but meanwhile they will sent a new one.so all is good with me now. and I found out about a warehouse move and could have been the problem getting ahold of them with the changing around of things. and as of now they are still in business and everyone there is busy with the move.

their phone # is 1-855-572-4746 to undo their coded #.
Old Mar 03, 2016, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by davidmc36
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
5,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muss51 View Post

their phone # is 1-855-572-4746 to undo their coded #.
Much like many companies do to make a catchy thing to remember the number by, just leave off any extra letters (digits) at the end.

+1 855-5-RCisHoTT
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36