New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2016, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Jun 2014
191 Posts
I'm running stock digital servos in the durafly EFX and with the GR-12 set at 20ms everything seems great.
I wonder if it would be a good thing to have a servo pop up box when you are doing a new model set up ?
This did catch me out and if it wasn't for you I'd be heading back to the dealer for a replacement lol.. to have that setting in fail safe icon was a bit strange too but hey I'm just a newbie

I'm now fiddling with butterfly and I have will have some questions :

Firstly the orientation of the flap servos can they be mirror imaged when you install them or do they have to be positioned the same way ?
Can I control butterfly from the throttle stick which is channel one and have the second flap on channel 6 ? I don't want to run a Y lead.

Cheers Daz
ABOVE_AND_BEYOND is online now Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Last edited by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND; Jan 27, 2016 at 07:50 AM. Reason: silly predictive text on Iphone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2016, 06:12 AM
Find More Posts by rockowwc
Australia, QLD, Redbank Plains
Joined Jan 2016
28 Posts
Well I ordered my Teensy development board today.. Going to be working on a few projects ..

1. Conversion HUB.. allows using frsky s-port sensors with hott.
2. Try and make a capacative glow fuel tank level sensor.

Rob
rockowwc is online now Find More Posts by rockowwc
Old Jan 30, 2016, 04:51 PM
VHO
Find More Posts by VHO
VHO
glider misguider
Armidale NSW Australia
Joined Feb 2007
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND View Post
I'm running stock digital servos in the durafly EFX and with the GR-12 set at 20ms everything seems great.
I wonder if it would be a good thing to have a servo pop up box when you are doing a new model set up ?
This did catch me out and if it wasn't for you I'd be heading back to the dealer for a replacement lol.. to have that setting in fail safe icon was a bit strange too but hey I'm just a newbie

I'm now fiddling with butterfly and I have will have some questions :

Firstly the orientation of the flap servos can they be mirror imaged when you install them or do they have to be positioned the same way ?
Can I control butterfly from the throttle stick which is channel one and have the second flap on channel 6 ? I don't want to run a Y lead.

Cheers Daz
Hi Darryl,

I presume you are trying to set up a glider (no motor) with 2 flaps and 2 ailerons on a 6 ch Rx. What Tx?

Mirror the flap and aileron servos is the way to go.

You might be 1 Ch short of a full house to do the job properly. Usually you use Ch1 to drive butterfly C2, Ch5 (ailerons), Ch6 and 7 (flaps) and elevator comp Ch3.

Without a better description of the set up you are trying to do, its a bit hard guessing how to help.

Tell us / me more.

Hutton
VHO is online now Find More Posts by VHO
Old Feb 01, 2016, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by bhughes
Team pro-rc
Canada, AB, Camrose
Joined Aug 2013
138 Posts
Graupner frustration
I have a Graupner mz-18 radio and am struggling with trying to program flaps. I can't seem to figure out how to assign a channel to the function. The operating manual has very little text, used terminology that is unfamiliar and the pictures don't match the program in my transmitter. It also wants me to assign a "rate A" and "rate B" value but I want a proportional flap response. Anyone got experience with this?

question my buddie has. I haven't owned a plane with flaps since switching to graupner so I'm asking for help with his question lol
bhughes is online now Find More Posts by bhughes
Old Feb 02, 2016, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Jun 2014
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VHO View Post
Hi Darryl,

I presume you are trying to set up a glider (no motor) with 2 flaps and 2 ailerons on a 6 ch Rx. What Tx?

Mirror the flap and aileron servos is the way to go.

You might be 1 Ch short of a full house to do the job properly. Usually you use Ch1 to drive butterfly C2, Ch5 (ailerons), Ch6 and 7 (flaps) and elevator comp Ch3.

Without a better description of the set up you are trying to do, its a bit hard guessing how to help.

Tell us / me more.

Hutton
Hi Hutton,

Thank you for the info,

I swapped out left flap from ch1 to ch7 and that has made the flaps work nicely !

I'm running an MZ-18 with the 12 channel receiver and I would like to control the following :

Q-link 1( Normal )

*Full span Ailerons using the flaps as ailerons as well. found out where I can do this in "FLAP MIX" page
*Elevator
*Rudder
*Flap control on throttle stick with elevator compensation .

Q-link2 (Rename Butterfly)

*Outboard Ailerons
*Butterfly mix on throttle stick, assigned to S3 with elevator compensation.
*Elevator
*Rudder

Model is a 2 metre slope soarer.. pics to follow

Cheers Daz
ABOVE_AND_BEYOND is online now Find More Posts by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND
Last edited by ABOVE_AND_BEYOND; Feb 03, 2016 at 06:33 AM. Reason: q link mistake