HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Forces of Valor RC Tiger Tank Trim Issue

I retrieved my FOV Tiger tank from the closet after several months of non-use and changed the batteries. In the process, I must have moved the trim controls. Now, the tank will only move backwards at top speed. It doesn't seem to be responding to trim adjustment but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Very frustrating. The tank worked fine last time I used it and it's just about brand new. Any suggestions?
Cvazquez is offline Find More Posts by Cvazquez
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
I guess you only have the one tank? My Sherman basically does the same thing. To get it to stop I would have to play with the trim and when I got tired messing around with the trim I just changed the controller. Change the controller will rule out the tank and narrow it down to the controller.

Bigjack
BigJack82 is online now Find More Posts by BigJack82
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:48 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,382 Posts
Did you also change/charge the tx batteries, weak ones can cause erratic operations.

But on the same vein as BigJack, my 1/9th Abrams gave up the ghost today. Worked perfect yesterday, and today no forward on the left tread. Already yanked the stock boards and will order a Sabertooth for it and convert to 2.4.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm don't think I know how to use the trim buttons. How long does it take for a new setting to "take"? Does the tank have to be on the ground to adjust the trim?
Cvazquez is offline Find More Posts by Cvazquez
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
The trim knobs are next to the joysticks. They slide up and down. It would be easier to have the tank on the ground when you are trying to adjust the trim. Make small adjustment first to see if there are any changes. If you don' t see any you may have to open her up and see if any wires are loose.

Happy thanksgivings Day

Bigjack
BigJack82 is online now Find More Posts by BigJack82