HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 04:04 AM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
476 Posts
With the receiver wires on top like your picture. The right one goes to the esc. When the board is mounted the 2 sets of wires face the nose of the plane.
tomcor is offline Find More Posts by tomcor
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
United Kingdom, England, Carshalton
Joined Jul 2014
28 Posts
Can I use any ESC to replace a damaged Skyhawk ESC?

Hi

Can any other ESC be used to replace a faulty Spyhawk ESC?

I installed by new Reciever Module in my Spyhawk after wrongly connecting a battery the wrong way round. The binding, stabilising, controls etc work OK but the motor does not. I suspect the ESC was damaged at the same time.

When binding I no longer get beeps apart from the first connection of the replacement Rx module. It beeped once (maybe twice?) and thought that's different with this Rx module. Subsequent bindings there are no longer beeps. The lights still flash.

So my questions are,
Can I use a other makers 6amp ESC or is the Spyhawk ESC preprogrammed/configured uniquely to work with the other Skyhawks electronics? If so is there different versions?

The Spyhawk ESC seems very expensive compared to other ESCs on the market. Why what's so special with this one?
I read in a forum, without any detail, that the Spyhawk ESC was just a off the shelf ESC. Is that so?

Has anyone replaced there ESC with a different one?

Help from you guys would be much appliciated.

Cheers
Chris.
KitKite is online now Find More Posts by KitKite
Old Today, 11:55 AM
Joined Oct 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKite View Post
Hi

Can any other ESC be used to replace a faulty Spyhawk ESC?

I installed by new Reciever Module in my Spyhawk after wrongly connecting a battery the wrong way round. The binding, stabilising, controls etc work OK but the motor does not. I suspect the ESC was damaged at the same time.

When binding I no longer get beeps apart from the first connection of the replacement Rx module. It beeped once (maybe twice?) and thought that's different with this Rx module. Subsequent bindings there are no longer beeps. The lights still flash.

So my questions are,
Can I use a other makers 6amp ESC or is the Spyhawk ESC preprogrammed/configured uniquely to work with the other Skyhawks electronics? If so is there different versions?

The Spyhawk ESC seems very expensive compared to other ESCs on the market. Why what's so special with this one?
I read in a forum, without any detail, that the Spyhawk ESC was just a off the shelf ESC. Is that so?

Has anyone replaced there ESC with a different one?

Help from you guys would be much appliciated.

Cheers
Chris.
http://spyhawkforum.freefo.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28
mauri307 is offline Find More Posts by mauri307