HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 23, 2011, 01:16 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
664 Posts
Discussion
Maiden fluight of parkzone habu

anyone have any suggestions for flying the habu for the first time. This is my first edf and today is looking like a good day to fly. thanks!
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2011, 07:08 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Just go with the recommended settings per the manual and you will be fine. I flew mine with the stock settings for many many flights without issue.

Hope that helps!
Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old May 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
From my post yesterday in the Habu thread

Good luck with the maiden, don't worry, she's a pussycat, even at the recommended high rates. It carries energy well and takes up a bit of room to final stall onto the runway, so start shooting landings after the first couple minutes of trimming to get used to it. It's more of a matter of knowing what to look for on the downwind to judge where she'll land. It can tip stall in the slowest turns, so you want a straight approach to settle in the runway, as she can roll quite a bit after touchdown with any real speed. I like to bleed speed off in the final base turn, even if I have to let it run a little wide to pull a small tight s then let the approach come in fully straight on.

Once you get used to it you can set it down right before where you're standing and watch it run by on the mains and set down gently on the nose.

Other then shooting landings, general flight is the same as any other sport plane. For an EDF, it doesn't lag much to throttle inputs. And it's no slouch in high g turns, it seems to hold momentum better when turning and burning then just making straight runs.

kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Closed Thread