HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 24, 2015, 02:24 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Brighstone
Joined Aug 2013
672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmtb View Post
Thanks Sweets, Ill give it a try after I swap the motor wires. Guessed wrong. Everything powers up find so far. It seems like a simple mod. One thing I noticed is the tail motor wants to spin for a second when the esc arms.!!
thats normal, and i use this to let me know that the tail is bound to the main esc
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:53 PM
Pipes
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2006
104 Posts
Blade 200 SRX Main Blades

Can someone ll me where I can get better main blades and tail blades.
Thanks
pipes is online now Find More Posts by pipes
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 06:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2014
96 Posts
Got the afro esc mod working. Now there is no lift!!! The heli will just barely hover like the packs are low. I tried several freshly charged packs but the main motor seems like it is not getting enough power. Can the new esc be starving the old one? This is a brand new heli also
kenmtb is offline Find More Posts by kenmtb
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:06 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
14,067 Posts
Got two flights in tonight, was a little breezier than I thought. First vid was interrupted by a neighbor walking his two dogs and they both came up to me while I was flying and got between my legs! The guy was talking to me, then I think he realized I was doing a Vid. Skipped that one for publishing...

2nd vid of Flt 4 when I got brave and started flying Low and High Rates on FM2.

Did a Backflip and then started several flips, Backward and Forward plus some loops. sun angle was low and my eyes were fuzzy from just getting over the flu from the weekend. I managed for 2 flights anyway.

Somehow at the end before preparing to come in I got low, was adding power but it just dropped. Maybe was pushed down by a puff of breeze, always turbulent behind the building. Wind was switching around a lot. Added power to counter but not enough, dropped. Was toward end of flight so Batt probably a little weak after those 200% Loops and Flips.

Another Parts Order placed for Boom Supports, Boom with wires (to use for ESC add-on), Main Grips. Will just repair same skids for now, have new set on hand. Letting the Horz Fin that is missing one half go for now. Boom was bent but straightened by some careful bending back into alignment.

BLADE 200 SRX FLIGHT 4 WITH CRASH FINALE'! (4 min 58 sec)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:09 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
14,067 Posts
I got my ESC, Skids, Tailblades yesterday, but holding off till I get the other parts now and see these current Mod issues how they turn out....
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:13 PM
Registered User
Old guy1's Avatar
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Jan 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmtb View Post
Thanks Sweets, Ill give it a try after I swap the motor wires. Guessed wrong. Everything powers up find so far. It seems like a simple mod. One thing I noticed is the tail motor wants to spin for a second when the esc arms.!!
This is normal, let's you know the FC and tail are talking to each other correctly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmtb View Post
Got the afro esc mod working. Now there is no lift!!! The heli will just barely hover like the packs are low. I tried several freshly charged packs but the main motor seems like it is not getting enough power. Can the new esc be starving the old one? This is a brand new heli also
Something else is wrong, the Afro ESC Mod should have zero effect on the main motor. Must have a weak (cold solder joint) between the battery and the main ESC.
Old guy1 is online now Find More Posts by Old guy1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2014
96 Posts
Grrr something was wrong. I was so excited to try out the mod, I put one of the blades back on upside down.doh....

Flys better now. Ill have to wait for the rain to stop to try it outside.
kenmtb is offline Find More Posts by kenmtb
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 06:59 PM
Registered User
helizrnew2me's Avatar
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipes View Post
Can someone ll me where I can get better main blades and tail blades.
Thanks
this link ,people have been using the 8 degree pitch blades with good results

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...73200ac242fce1
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:22 PM
Chumash, CA
flyboy_aj's Avatar
Joined Feb 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmtb View Post
Grrr something was wrong. I was so excited to try out the mod, I put one of the blades back on upside down.doh....

Flys better now. Ill have to wait for the rain to stop to try it outside.
doh!
flyboy_aj is offline Find More Posts by flyboy_aj
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:09 PM
What goes up must come down
Bush Pusher's Avatar
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
573 Posts
The wobbles

Has any one found a fix to the wobbles the 200 srx gets when you level off quickly or when descending to a stop.
Mine is still all stock right now , does lowering the cyclic gains help with this at all ?
Bush Pusher is offline Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:41 PM
Registered User
T_Dogg80's Avatar
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2015
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher View Post
Has any one found a fix to the wobbles the 200 srx gets when you level off quickly or when descending to a stop.
Mine is still all stock right now , does lowering the cyclic gains help with this at all ?
I can't say I've ever experienced this problem. Blade grips or bent shaft maybe? Has it been crashed?
T_Dogg80 is online now Find More Posts by T_Dogg80
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
What goes up must come down
Bush Pusher's Avatar
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
573 Posts
I think like most yes it has crashed but the wobbles were their even before the crash.
just asking I will work on it when weather is good
Bush Pusher is offline Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2007
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pusher View Post
Has any one found a fix to the wobbles the 200 srx gets when you level off quickly or when descending to a stop.
Mine is still all stock right now , does lowering the cyclic gains help with this at all ?
Are the wobbles during the descent or at the stop. If you descend at the right speed you will be flying in your own downdraft which is turbulent. You either have to go down faster (out run the downdraft) or slower (stay above it). A CP helicopter has more control in this situation, but it can still occur. A higher headspeed may help. Descending at an angle rather than straight down also helps.

Happens in real helicopters too. A real helicopter that is descending vertically comes down pretty slowly compared to an angled descent.
ssobol is offline Find More Posts by ssobol
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
What goes up must come down
Bush Pusher's Avatar
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined May 2014
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post
Are the wobbles during the descent or at the stop. If you descend at the right speed you will be flying in your own downdraft which is turbulent. You either have to go down faster (out run the downdraft) or slower (stay above it). A CP helicopter has more control in this situation, but it can still occur. A higher headspeed may help. Descending at an angle rather than straight down also helps.

Happens in real helicopters too. A real helicopter that is descending vertically comes down pretty slowly compared to an angled descent.
I will give it some test flights and check things out with your recommendations
Thanks
Bush Pusher is offline Find More Posts by Bush Pusher
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:13 AM
JAT
Registered User
Joined Mar 2015
3 Posts
I built my 200SRX from scratch using parts for Microheli, Rankon, Blade and ebay. The reciever was purchased used everything else is new. I have only hovered it a little in our family room. I'm not a good heli pilot. It may sound weird but I like building them more than flying them. My is son is not a bad pilot, he has been eyeing this one.
JAT is offline Find More Posts by JAT
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What would u buy for $200??? (My Blade SR was a lemon) TwinTurbo95 Micro Helis 31 Feb 27, 2015 03:18 PM
Sold Blade 450, 130X, SR, 120 SR CHEAP!!!!! flyguytki Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 10 May 12, 2014 08:51 PM
Sold 2 x 450's, 2 x 450 Fuselages, Gyros, Blade SR, Blade 120 SR, 450 parts for sale lockweeze Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 9 Mar 26, 2013 07:45 PM
Sold two blade sr's $200 hs748 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 09, 2010 12:18 PM
For Sale Blade SR 3 x eflh 1518 main blades rikybob Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 04, 2010 07:14 AM