HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2004, 02:19 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,671 Posts
Pro Peak Prodigy and SJ Swallow chargers -Calibration screens

Not sure if anyone cares about things like this, but if anyone likes to fiddle I have stumbled on the calibration screens in my SJ Swallow (AKA Ripmax Prodigy).

Hold down the two outside buttons (Batt Type & Enter/Start/Stop keys) before you power up the charger. Keep holding for about 3 seconds and the cal screens come up.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. Toggle through the cal screens and write down the current cal numbers so you can back track to original state.

So far I found I could trim the Input voltage reading, and the Discharge current settings. Input Volts was out a bit, current was VERY close to spot on anyway so I left it. I'd like to cal the Battery Voltage too but I'm buggered if I can figure that screen out, it seems to grab a battery voltage value (in A/D steps) as you enter the screen but will not adjust. I can't work out the Charge current calibration either but my unit is spot on anyway.

New cal values seem to store automatically when you get the 'finished' message.

If any other manic fiddlers out there find the answer to the last two adjustments please let me know.

PS> You need to know a little about whay your doing with this sort of thing or you'll end up burning your house down next time you charge a battery..... BE WARNED.

PSS> My Swallow works well as is and has been very good value for money, I'm just curious by nature.
See ya
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2004, 03:17 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,056 Posts
Hi,

Thanx for the tip. The Prodigy is sold here in Europe as Jamara X-Peak 3.
It is way popular.
Great tool

TreeDiver
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:13 PM
Cracow, Poland
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Yes, very great tool for just a little money. I've just finished cycling my packs.
So - writing in simple to understand language - what things can we change in calibration mode?

Szymon
Szymon Bartus is offline Find More Posts by Szymon Bartus
Old Jul 23, 2004, 06:42 PM
AKA 3DJIM
Bournemouth Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2004
439 Posts
Cool, i have 2 of these chargers!, i will go try it now, one of my charges is about 200mah to low on the mah taken during charge display, also when set to 1200mah charge rate one of my prodigy's is actually charging at 1.7mah!! maybe i can adjust this as its been bugging the hell outta me for a while now.
The charts below i took whilst charging see the proof there!.

Tetley.
Tetley is offline Find More Posts by Tetley
Old Jul 24, 2004, 03:59 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szymon Bartus
Yes, very great tool for just a little money. I've just finished cycling my packs.
So - writing in simple to understand language - what things can we change in calibration mode?

Szymon
It is simply "The Best" parkfly charger money can buy.
High quality

Rob
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Aug 03, 2004, 07:06 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,671 Posts
Tetley, did you get anywhere with changing the charge calibration ?
Martin
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS