Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 04:05 AM
Joined May 2014
10 Posts
Discussion
Good cheap FPV cameras?

For the quad I'm building I want to use a HobbyKing 3-channel camera switch -- to switch between more than one camera in flight.

In planning my Alien 560 build, I've ordered a Boscam to do the HD video capture, but I'd like another cheap cam pointed straight down (for landings?) and maybe a third with a wide field of view to fly with, when I tilt the Boscam down to capture ground views.

I've shopped Banggood, but they don't include field of view for most of their cameras. Has anyone here been happy with any cheap and/or wide angle cameras for FPV? I'm looking for recommendations for those other two functions. Later I may retro-fit my other quad with multiple cams.

I may even add a "boom cam", to view what a camera sees at the end of a 750mm carbon fiber tube. I'm assembling vague ideas of how to build a "recovery quad", with better cameras, a drop line with a grappling hook, and maybe a "harpoon" with recovery line to retrieve craft from ledges where another craft cannot approach overhead. (I'm thinking of adapting the USB three-missile launcher from Dream Cheeky)

Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.
Hugh_AH is offline Find More Posts by Hugh_AH
to remove ads between posts