Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:14 AM
I feel the need for speed
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Nothing smacks of affluence like flying a Turbine and you don't have to boast about it to anyone either it's taken as read.
Just let the jet A1 do the talking then watch the whining try hards and wannabes clear the field as they watch & dream in awe.
TedTurbine is offline Find More Posts by TedTurbine
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:17 AM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,787 Posts
mate that's so true!!

it's awesome. You are awesome! I am enthralled by any guy who flies a turbine because they obviously are in a different league than us mere mortals. They are simply bred differently, it's like they are another form of human. They can walk on water, put their pants on both legs at a time, and obviously are all hung like horses. All because they have a different engine on their plane than the next guy........awesome!

But there is one thing better you know........and that's watching the same peanut who thinks he can fly and struts around some toy plane field looking like there is a broom stuck up his butt thinking he's a bigger person than the next guy at the same toy plane field because he has a turbine (all hail the turbine guy!!) and then watching his ambition outweigh his skill......by a long way.......they do make a magnificent fireball I must say .......then watching him cry like a little baby.......yep, only real men fly toy turbines.....
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:22 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
294 Posts
Mmm turbines - tasty! Certainly that sort of thing is my end goal in this new hobby. First I gotta learn the ropes on some foamies, LOL. In the meantime, I might commission a turbine build for that day on the horizon.
AussieNewbie is offline Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:45 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,666 Posts
This is what real skill looks like, in case all of you I-fly-big-jets-to-compensate types are wondering

Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak (3 min 46 sec)
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:30 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
watching his ambition outweigh his skill......by a long way.......they do make a magnificent fireball I must say .......then watching him cry like a little baby.......yep, only real men fly toy turbines.....
C'mon, stay above board mate. That statement just reeks of jealousy and schadenfreude. Yeah, it's a real word - look it up, LOL.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:37 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
2,954 Posts
Hehe, now he also has a superior vocabulary than you too, gouch. Take THAT round to the tradesman's entrance! Long live HXT900 I say.
gizzo is online now Find More Posts by gizzo
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:50 AM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,787 Posts
hey Gizzo, with all that money he has, he can afford as many vowels as he likes!

I don't think I have ever been jealous of any person, and certainly not of some random who sprouts how well off he is and how big his wine cellar is. I'm simply responding to attitudes of yourself and the "real man" Both of you came in here to do nothing but to sprout what you think is important.....yourselves. That's not what this place is about.

You know nothing about the servos you are trashing in this thread. You know nothing about human rights violations if you think buying "brand name" only will stop it, and you are being hypocritical as you fly cheap Chinese made foamies made by the same type of factory you just had a go at. This has nothing to do with tall poppy syndrome, jealousy or any other label you try and put on me and others.

btw, I never like seeing a plane go in, even some cheapy, it was a joke toward someone I consider a joke. He came in to do nothing but troll, so I had some fun with him. I know a few guys who fly some incredible scale jets and would hate to see them crash.....but then again, they aren't egotistical jerks either.

I look forward to seeing some photos of your first jet when you get to that point. There is not much cooler in RC plane world than a jet tearing the sky a new one. Just do us a favour, don't fly it like a pussy doing nothing but circuits....there is already enough of those guys out there......
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:04 PM
I feel the need for speed
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNewbie View Post
Mmm turbines - tasty! Certainly that sort of thing is my end goal in this new hobby. First I gotta learn the ropes on some foamies, LOL. In the meantime, I might commission a turbine build for that day on the horizon.
Continue to aim high Newbie, don't be diswayed .
Sure cut your teeth on some foam hairdryer but don't get caught up with the rabble for too long.
TedTurbine is offline Find More Posts by TedTurbine
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:10 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,026 Posts
Quote:
LOL. Awesome troll. Though I can't understand why you would post that, I hope you get the reaction you're looking for!
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTurbine View Post
Continue to aim high Newbie, don't be diswayed .
Sure cut your teeth on some foam hairdryer but don't get caught up with the rabble for too long.
lol. Sure I'll bite.

You want to see wealth? Try doing a rolling harrier 5ft off the deck with a $5k plane

What is it about jet guys who think that flying an inverted vacuum cleaner around in circles is difficult?

To all jet guys no matter what their propulsion system:

There is nothing difficult about flying a jet, in fact it's really easy. Your call sign is not Iceman or Maverick and you are not real fighter pilots.
Buying a turbine does not signify wealth, it signifies a mental issue or poor flying skills.
3D pilots dazzle the crowd with skill, jet guys try to dazzle the crowd with noise and retracts which only works for about 3 minutes after that it gets boring.

Why anyone would choose to buy a turbine over an Extremeflight 104 inch extra is beyond me?

The other one is scale war bird guys, according to them landing a foam P51 or Spitfire is up there with splitting the atom and the reason why they never do anything except for circuits or a loop is because anything else wouldn't be scale....lol
Up until now I have resisted breaking their moral by telling them about how my mate taught my wife to fly on a parkzone p51 in 3 flights. lol

In fact all model airplane pilots are inferior to 3D pilots. Only 3d or dynamic soaring is an acceptable way to spend ones leisure time, everything else is a bit fruity.

Oh and on the HXT900 servo question. Have used about 10 of them, they are extremely reliable and have reasonable performance. For the price they are by far the best servo that size on the market but for absolute performance they aren't in the same league as some of the brand name stuff.
On very large control surfaces they can jitter, they are noisy, not very precise and are a little slow but for Foamies or AussieNewbies purposes the difference would not be at all noticeable.
balsadude is offline Find More Posts by balsadude
Last edited by balsadude; Feb 04, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:42 PM
Cliff
Australia, QLD, Pacific Paradise
Joined Oct 2011
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsadude View Post
lol. Sure I'll bite.

You want to see wealth? Try doing a rolling harrier 5ft off the deck with a $5k plane

What is it about jet guys who think that flying an inverted vacuum cleaner around in circles is difficult?

To all jet guys no matter what their propulsion system:

There is nothing difficult about flying a jet, in fact it's really easy. Your call sign is not Iceman or Maverick and you are not real fighter pilots.
Buying a turbine does not signify wealth, it signifies a mental issue or poor flying skills.
3D pilots dazzle the crowd with skill, jet guys try to dazzle the crowd with noise and retracts which only works for about 3 minutes after that it gets boring.

Why anyone would choose to buy a turbine over an Extremeflight 104 inch extra is beyond me?

The other one is scale war bird guys, according to them landing a foam P51 or Spitfire is up there with splitting the atom and the reason why they never do anything except for circuits or a loop is because anything else wouldn't be scale....lol
Up until now I have resisted breaking their moral by telling them about how my mate taught my wife to fly on a parkzone p51 in 3 flights. lol

In fact all model airplane pilots are inferior to 3D pilots. Only 3d or dynamic soaring is an acceptable way to spend ones leisure time, everything else is a bit fruity.

Oh and on the HXT900 servo question. Have used about 10 of them, they are extremely reliable and have reasonable performance. For the price they are by far the best servo that size on the market but for absolute performance they aren't in the same league as some of the brand name stuff.
On very large control surfaces they can jitter, they are noisy, not very precise and are a little slow but for Foamies or AussieNewbies purposes the difference would not be at all noticeable.
What he said
Cliff
16141 is offline Find More Posts by 16141
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:18 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsadude View Post
There you go, reinforcement of the fairly obvious - if you want the good stuff, you need to pay a bit more.

Balsadude - that video had a lots of cool spinning and flipping, LOL. Why did the plane drag its bum around the whole time though? Looks a bit weird...
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:42 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
2,954 Posts
Quote:
There you go, reinforcement of the fairly obvious - if you want the good stuff, you need to pay a bit more.
It's still pretty awesome that the OP's hxt servos survived an unregulated 2s lipo. Try that with a $50 hyperion or $80 MKS and watch them die. Even on 6v they seem unreliable.
Best thread since the great fortune cookie debate!

FWIW, servos I.ve had die for no obvious reason: hitec hs85 ($40ish),savox 0255 ($28ish), jr something micro ($40ish)
Servos ive never had die unless I destroy them: hxt900, hxt dmg16, mg 14.just saying!
gizzo is online now Find More Posts by gizzo
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:23 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzo View Post
FWIW, servos I.ve had die for no obvious reason: hitec hs85 ($40ish),savox 0255 ($28ish), jr something micro ($40ish)
Servos ive never had die unless I destroy them: hxt900, hxt dmg16, mg 14.just saying!
Same. My most dangerous and (almost) most expensive servo failure was a HS-5065MG on the elevator of a PA Bandit. Completely unprovoked, the thing just kicked a few times and died while I was working on mixes on the ground. Had it happened a few minutes of radio time earlier or later, the plane would have been in the air, and I'm nowhere near good enough a pilot to bring it down without the elevator

I've got dozens of HXT900s in various planes, and I honestly can't recall ever having to replace one that I hadn't just horribly abused in some fashion.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:52 AM
Joined Dec 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Horses for courses as they say.
Not much point putting an extremely precise servo into a foamie with sloppy hinges and bendy control surfaces.
All of the successful people I've ever met have been astute with their money and wouldn't waste it on something that wasn't going to give them better value.

Quote:
Balsadude - that video had a lots of cool spinning and flipping, LOL. Why did the plane drag its bum around the whole time though? Looks a bit weird...
OMG......... It seems we are too late to save you!
I was hoping for your sake that all that talk about aspiring to fly a jet was just a bit of naive talk but if you didn't get a hard on from watching cool spinning and flipping then I'm afraid it may be too late.

You must burn all of your war birds right now and delete any links, videos, pics of jets immediately. If you don't then 12 months from now you will be spending your weekends at a club flying circuits, reciting safety regulations and arguing with 70 year olds about whether a true T47 scale pilot should be wearing a scarf and leather flying cap or just a crash helmet.
balsadude is offline Find More Posts by balsadude