HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
The trim controls the attitude of the nose, so if the tail is moving to the right you would want to move the trim to the right, not the left, to compensate. If it was just a typo and this is what you meant to ask, then it is almost certainly the tail motor dying. When I used to fly the heavy stock 9116 very aggressively I usually went through taill-motors inside of two weeks and sometimes within three days. On the other hand, my brother-in-law has been flying passively in slow mode for about three months now on the same tail-motor with no problem.
Sorry yes a typo the nose of the heli turns right........my bad

I will have to fly it more gently I think hahah.

On the other hand I have my Mini CP coming in the next few days so I can fly my 9116 to get more practice before upgrading to the 6ch.
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,462 Posts
Another typo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
Sorry yes a typo the nose of the heli turns right........my bad

I will have to fly it more gently I think hahah.

On the other hand I have my Mini CP coming in the next few days so I can fly my 9116 to get more practice before upgrading to the 6ch.
Now I'm confused. If the problem is that the nose is turning right and you did trim to the left, then it would be the main motor going, not the tail-motor. That would mean that the tail-motor is overpowering the main motor.

Simple rule to remember: nose turns to the right-main motor dying, nose turns to the left, tail motor dying. Good luck. 6 channels are a lot more challenging (get spare parts!) and fun than 4 channels.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post

Now I'm confused. If the problem is that the nose is turning right and you did trim to the left, then it would be the main motor going, not the tail-motor. That would mean that the tail-motor is overpowering the main motor.

Simple rule to remember: nose turns to the right-main motor dying, nose turns to the left, tail motor dying. Good luck. 6 channels are a lot more challenging (get spare parts!) and fun than 4 channels.
hmmmmmm so which one is it haha....the main or the tail motor going?......lucky I have both on order so maybe just switch them both

Pretty dissappointed though since only flown this one from new about 15 times and the motors are goin?

Cheers
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:11 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
This is not unusual, especially in DH9116. The helicopter is heavy and the motor is pushed too hard and gets too hot.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,462 Posts
Good post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
hmmmmmm so which one is it haha....the main or the tail motor going?......lucky I have both on order so maybe just switch them both

Pretty dissappointed though since only flown this one from new about 15 times and the motors are goin?

Cheers
Steve has an excellent post on breaking in new motors in this thread. I never thought about breaking in electric motors. Also, dh's quality control varies considerably; some motors are better than others. Hopefuly, you'll get two good ones that will last.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:19 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Is there a more permanent solution than using the plastic pieces to hold the canopy? I've gone through 4 of them in the past 2 weeks from small crashes.
Johnny01 is offline Find More Posts by Johnny01
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny01 View Post
Is there a more permanent solution than using the plastic pieces to hold the canopy? I've gone through 4 of them in the past 2 weeks from small crashes.
I drilled holes in the pegs and use screws to hold mine in place.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:34 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,711 Posts
Deleted
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 20, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:33 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
Joined Nov 2012
3,711 Posts
Deleted
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
I cut the flybar weight today and I can tell it is so much better. It can now handle flying in windy conditions. I was able to fly it today and even let my wife fly it and she did perfectly(she is new to flying). I used to get pushed by the wind and had a hard time bringing it back. Even by mounting the camera at the tip of the canopy, I could not get it to go forward. You can see on this picture how far I was. Hopefully I won't have to go through that again!
Johnny01 is offline Find More Posts by Johnny01
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2012
637 Posts
Hey guys, Cahnging the subject a bit. I just got my heli, my first order of buiesness was too take the LED light out (for daytime flying). I saw a video where a guy made a mod by extending the antenna? Would that really help, or is the antenna already in its strongest place? Also, What keychain camera have people been adding?
jimmy boo is offline Find More Posts by jimmy boo
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:09 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
Yes, I didn't have that transistor, but I'm going to try it on a breadboard with
a 2N2222 or comparable NPN popular / cheap transistor
Been a long time since fooling with this stuff.

Look for new thread on this "Multi LED Driver"
Thanks a lot!
I'm just trying to evaluate the tracing of this board - haven't seen such a thing before.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:37 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
Joined Nov 2012
3,711 Posts
Deleted
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:42 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
The top and bottom rows are all connected from left to right.

The rest are just internal clips in rows of 5 from top to bottom.
The 2 rows are isolated from each other.

I will try to find a picture.
lol - modern times...
20 years ago I had to use these for experiments....

I'm growing old....
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:05 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
Joined Nov 2012
3,711 Posts
Deleted
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 20, 2013 at 03:28 PM.