HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:20 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,171 Posts
It is like using a power expander with dual receiver batteries, optical switch for the ignition and digital servos that have more torque than the old 1/4 scale servos of 20 yrs ago. It will fly fine without all these, but it makes life easier and/or safer and/or more precise and/or just plain fun for showing off !

I work in the new car industry and I can tell you, people in North America (or any other occidental country) are NOT going to be rational about their needs and what they buy. They want more technology and equipment and look for less money. Just look at what people eat: they are not going for quality but quantity.

If I were in the hobby buisiness why would I want to sell a radio the same price as a competitor's radio that as more bells and whistles when people want those things ? And with the technology beeing what it is and FPV growing and retracts and flaps going more and more popular on foam planes that cost so little (comparing with what was sold 10 or 15 yrs ago) people will want their radio to be able to support the new gadgets without buting a new one (bah, they will buy a new one anyway cause it will have even more bells and whistles !).

Anyway, they coul make a generic case for the entire line with the same quad bearings sticks and comfort grips and only add function to the top of the line, but people will pay to be different and to have more "luxury". And that is where company makes profits. Remember the old oldsmobile and cadillac ? Same everything exept some chrome and gadgets but the cadillac is much more expensive. Even the same part is more expensive if it has the cadillac name on it
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:42 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
I simply have outgrown my DX6i and am looking for a larger radio. There is no need for 10 channels because if it takes 10 channels its too expensive.

The Cularis glider is a perfect example of this. The recommend a 7 channel radio but if you use a Y harness you can use a 6 channel. I would get a DX7 but then every channel is taken on this glider and leaves no room for expansion. I dont need a extra 3 channels but to have 1 extra channel for lights, smoke, dropbox etc. is a good thing.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:31 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Jul 2007
25 Posts
Teaser up on the Spektrum Site

There's a teaser up on the main page of the Spektrum site with what looks like a DX8 and a countdown to what could be a product launch 75 days from now.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/
dman69 is offline Find More Posts by dman69
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:49 AM
Look mom, no hands
New Zealand
Joined Mar 2010
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman69 View Post
There's a teaser up on the main page of the Spektrum site with what looks like a DX8 and a countdown to what could be a product launch 75 days from now.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/
Yeah I saw that, I posted a thread about it. By the way what color is the backlight expected to be? In the teaser it is orange but in some photos it's blue.

Calvin
Soaring Calvin is offline Find More Posts by Soaring Calvin
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,171 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
well im done contributing to this thread,

Bought a x9503 at toledo

anyone want a dx7?
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:55 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,171 Posts
have you seen the 11x there ? If so, how is it ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
its better than i thought it would be, feels good in my hands, balance is good, didnt look at programming but im guessing its the same as all JR
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:23 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,171 Posts
What made you choose the 9503 ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:36 PM
myp
Joined Oct 2007
1,103 Posts
Does the Dx8 has quad-ball-bearing sticks like the Aurora 9?
myp is offline Find More Posts by myp
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Wanted sail plane programming and I love jr and 9 channels is all ill need for a long while
Old Apr 12, 2010, 01:05 PM
myp
Joined Oct 2007
1,103 Posts
Sorry for asking more questions, I could not find them in after reading this thread: do you have to buy a Telemetry module in order to use the telemetry feature? I guess you also have to buy new receivers with the "data" port to use telemetry.
myp is offline Find More Posts by myp
Old Apr 12, 2010, 01:25 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
23rd of June huh? Wonder if that date sticks. Also wonder how much they want for this?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:23 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Sorry for asking more questions, I could not find them in after reading this thread: do you have to buy a Telemetry module in order to use the telemetry feature? I guess you also have to buy new receivers with the "data" port to use telemetry.
I am hoping they might have a separate telemetry module that you can plug into a spare channel but I dont think that will happen
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark View Post
I am hoping they might have a separate telemetry module that you can plug into a spare channel but I dont think that will happen
How would that work? I mean, why do you want to plug a telemetry module into a channel in the first place? For powering it? If so, all the servo (and the bind/data port) power is in parallel. Or are you trying to get channel data back to the transmitter? I'm just a bit confused.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor