HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:28 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
I was flying the new starmax F16 with it today, big 2200 watt power system, running a Platinum PRO 100A ESC with 3A BEC, I used the ESC to drive everything, 4 digital servos, 3 analogue ones, (2 dig are flaps so not used in flight) and the antenna sticking out either side of the fuse at the nose like cats whiskers

Flights have been perfect so far, no issues at all with the BEC driving everything inc Rx, very impressed with the system.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:57 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungmeister10 View Post
....One reservation I have is that it might be a bit too easy to set the Tx into reduced power for a preflight range test and then accidently leave it on that setting for the flight (1/10 power)
How this ?! Mine doesn't stay in reduced power alone, I must keep button pressed. If you depress button, it resumes the normal power operation, the LED shows the two states clear.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Apr 10, 2010, 05:35 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
How this ?! Mine doesn't stay in reduced power alone, I must keep button pressed. If you depress button, it resumes the normal power operation, the LED shows the two states clear.
Hold the button down till the light turns green (quite a long time which is good) and let go, it stays green until you hit the button again to go back to full output. It is possible to forget to hit the button and switch back, its a remote one but still a possibility.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:23 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
This is a manual excerpt and it describes how my copy behaves, when I release the button, the range check mode ends.
Last edited by renatoa; Apr 11, 2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:02 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,461 Posts
Must be old instructions, current ones and current modules stay in test mode when held for 4+ secs then released, and go back to red when pressed again.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:35 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
Maybe old instructions, but the module is the new one with telemetry, not released yet, so...
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:45 AM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts
How to connect a Frsky Module Jr version

Hello there!

I have a graupner/jr synthesized mx-16s transmitter that want to convert to 2.4GHz. This transmitter doesn't have module. I bought a Frskay jr version module that want to take off from the box module and adapt it to the transmitter. My idea is to install a switch that commutes the PPM signal and the battery power between the RF module of the mx-16s and the Frsky module, this way I can continue use the 35MHz for the old models/receivers and the 2.4GHz for new models. The module input pin-out of a Jr version as far as I understand is (please correct me if I am wrong):

1- PPM signal
2- NC
3- + Vbat
4- Gnd
5- NC

Other problem I have is the level of the PPM signal accepted by the Frsky module.

Can you please confirm the pinout and help me on the input PPM level accepted by Frskay module.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Manuel Silva
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:01 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
I can confirm the pinout, about the level I have no idea what are MX-16 requirements, but it worked with a Futaba 9C. Yes, a JR module coupled externaly to a Futaba 9C using a custom built cable.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:27 PM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts

Hello All!

Renatoa, thanks for the information. What I need to know now is the PPM level limits accepted by the Frskay module. I didn't see yet the PPM output level of the MX-16s transmitter. I would not like to start mixing around the transmitter without having all the information.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Manuel Silva
Old Apr 11, 2010, 07:16 PM
Joined Mar 2009
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
Hello All!

Renatoa, thanks for the information. What I need to know now is the PPM level limits accepted by the Frskay module. I didn't see yet the PPM output level of the MX-16s transmitter. I would not like to start mixing around the transmitter without having all the information.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Manuel Silva
Hi, Manuel,
Any PPM level is acceptable for this module.
Enjoy.
Chase Wu
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Apr 12, 2010, 05:13 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,004 Posts
Chase

Is there any idea, when realistically the dual telemetry system will be available with your distributors ?
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Apr 12, 2010, 05:37 AM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts

Hi, Chase Wu!

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
Manuel Silva
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:12 AM
Joined Mar 2009
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post
Chase

Is there any idea, when realistically the dual telemetry system will be available with your distributors ?
The telmetry system is nearly ready, the plastic case needs some changes.
Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:31 AM
Birmingham, UK
Joined Apr 2007
488 Posts
Chase, are you aware of any compatability issues with using your Futaba style module in a Robbe-Futaba FC28 tx? This is the Euro tea-tray style transmitter with a part metal case. It takes a TQ module for 35 MHz, which I think is the same as the Futaba 9Z tx. The module case style is the same as the common Futaba modules, ie those for FF8 and FF9C.
We seem to be getting reduced range, or at least a lot of failsafes, hence the question, is the module at fault, or just not compatable?

Bob
BrumBob is offline Find More Posts by BrumBob
Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:51 AM
Joined Mar 2009
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumBob View Post
Chase, are you aware of any compatability issues with using your Futaba style module in a Robbe-Futaba FC28 tx? This is the Euro tea-tray style transmitter with a part metal case. It takes a TQ module for 35 MHz, which I think is the same as the Futaba 9Z tx. The module case style is the same as the common Futaba modules, ie those for FF8 and FF9C.
We seem to be getting reduced range, or at least a lot of failsafes, hence the question, is the module at fault, or just not compatable?

Bob
Hi, Bob,
We have not Robbe-Futaba yet, so, could you please get this module to FF9 to check if it works well?