HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2014, 06:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,603 Posts
Hasi,
How about posting a video to see it flying.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2014, 06:56 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
Hasi,
How about posting a video to see it flying.
Someone has already asked me this, but I don't really have a camera besides my phone and I can't fly and film the same time.
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Aug 04, 2014, 07:49 AM
Joined Jun 2013
429 Posts
well, you can try this way to make a video

John michel is online now Find More Posts by John michel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2014, 04:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,603 Posts
For who is interested :
For stable crisp flying with mwii brushed I used these settings.

Flying mode: ANGLE
PID rol/pitch rate= 0.8
PID YAW rate =0.4
RC rate =1.0
Expo=0.34
LEVEL P -11.
My TX dual rate =60%. except yaw rate(100%)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Aug 06, 2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2014, 02:25 AM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Does anyone know if FlySky's GT2B transmitter uses the same protocol as detailed in the first post?

Thanks
Lpbug is offline Find More Posts by Lpbug
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:40 PM
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpbug View Post
Does anyone know if FlySky's GT2B transmitter uses the same protocol as detailed in the first post?

Thanks
Yes they do. I've use the 3ch receiver in a plane and 6ch in cars a few times with my PSX firmware modded GT3C and original GT3 transmitters.
RevDWC is offline Find More Posts by RevDWC
Old Aug 11, 2014, 01:01 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
The psx firmware, does that use a playstation controller?
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
No, a guy over at rctech dot net rewrote the firmware for the GT3B and GT3C controllers. It cures a lot of bugs and really opens up the available features. Think of it as ER9X for a car radio.
RevDWC is offline Find More Posts by RevDWC
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:55 PM
Joined Jun 2013
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWC View Post
No, a guy over at rctech dot net rewrote the firmware for the GT3B and GT3C controllers. It cures a lot of bugs and really opens up the available features. Think of it as ER9X for a car radio.
that sound good, thanks for info
John michel is online now Find More Posts by John michel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2014, 08:55 AM
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Greetings!
I am kinda new to RC world and amateur in electronics. So as you've already guessed, I have tons of questions :P
Won't bother you much here, since I've always wanted to learn things by my own, as much as possible. But the amount of information that I've absorbed in past 3 days is just rediculous.
For start, I would like to build Tx/Rx on my own. Starting first with small range project, just to learn basics. Then I'd like to proceed to a bigger project, Arduino controlled gimball on quadro. Yeah well quadro is still under construction and as a future mechanical engineer I have no problem in construction but electronics... that's another story :P
I've done some of small, cheap and amateur projects (like MiniSumo-Bot, GhostRider lights in car, doorbell -.-). But I would like more I believe that RC world offers endless posibilities.
So yeah enough of cheap talking and back to topic. So for the first project I'd like to built a Tx-Rx without arduino (I have tons of electric components including Ard-Uno and Ard-Nano).
Curently I am struggling to understand what is the meaning of FUSE settings in first post of Midelic?

Best of regards from Slovenia!
Aljaz Jelen
AljazJelen is offline Find More Posts by AljazJelen
Old Aug 16, 2014, 09:19 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,603 Posts
To understand fuses start with fuse calculator and the meaning of each fuse you find on the net.......Start introduce the fuses from first post in fuse calculator and see what's changing from default..There are few fuses you should consider changing fuse for setting the avr frequency ,,internal clock or external(Xtal) ,,BOD....EESAVE.......the rest should be kept as default if you don't know what they are what they do.
Warning:
changing fuses without some knowledge about them may lock your chip.However if using arduino boards wich have already bootloader in ......no need changing fuses.Their fuses are already set.
http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc/
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:42 AM
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply Midelic!

I've got a tiny little question. Which Tx/Rx (in combination with arduino) modules you suggest for sending data wireless?
I need a range of atleast 500 metres in open ground. Oh yeah and keep in mind that I am not a beginner in Arduino nor a pro :P

Here is the list of modules I currently think of. Feel free to add more!
Si4432
RFM22B (or any other of RFM series)
A7105
NRF24
XL7105

Regards!
Aljaz Jelen
AljazJelen is offline Find More Posts by AljazJelen
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,603 Posts
For long range is better in UHF frequency,,I think better refine your search in at least 2 parts ......2,.4GHz modules(A7105 NRF,CC2500) fair range and UHF 433 MHZ modules(SI 4432. RFM22B...) longer range for even longer range..you may also want a look here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079662
I cannot advise more I'm biased to 2.4Ghz modules...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Aug 21, 2014 at 01:37 PM.