HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:33 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
New Product
GWS New Kit Micro Slow Stick

GWS has a new Micro Slow Stick airplane kit joins to its popular Slow Stick airplane kit. In model aviation the GWS Slow Stick has been a long time favorite model airplane kit, its versatile performance makes it the most popular one in the market. Now with the reduced size Micro Slow Stick, people will enjoy its nimble flying character in small flying field including indoor flying. Not mention its compact size for
Easy of transportation and carrying. Retaining the simple, easy construction of Slow Stick, the Micro Slow Stick is of the same simple and easy assembly. The kit is offered in versions of NPS ( No power system) which you can choose the one suitable for you the most, Powered version including powered by EPS150, or brushless motor BL 2208.
Colors available are: red, yellow, blue and white. For more specs please refer to the specs at: http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...oslowstick.htm

Please send your inquiry or place your order to: http://www.caliberhobby.com or e-mail to: export@gws.com.tw / roger@gws.com.tw
More GWS products at: www.gws.com.tw
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:47 AM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,402 Posts
Replaces the PicoStick?

Must be one of the few planes introduced in 2013 that is still viable using a cheapo brushed motor... Assuming brushed motor & ESC is still less $ than brushless...
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:57 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
I'd guess the brushed power version must be an option only. There have been many cheap combos of brushless outrunner + 18A ESC available on markets.
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:39 PM
Random Flier
Joined Nov 2002
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
GWS has a new Micro Slow Stick airplane kit joins to its popular Slow Stick airplane kit. ...
Please send your inquiry or place your order to: http://www.caliberhobby.com or e-mail to: export@gws.com.tw / roger@gws.com.tw
More GWS products at: www.gws.com.tw
Er, no sign of it at http://www.caliberhobby.com/airplanekits.html ...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2008
3 Posts
GWS Micro Slow Stick

I just ordered one from the LHS and it is being shiped to them now. I should have it by the end of the week. I looks like it comes with the motor

I also have seen it online at BP, Tower Hobbies, and Advantage Hobby

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...4&pid=H0551492
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDCFA&P=7
http://www.advantagehobby.com/229212/GWSGWMSS150R/
littlegnome is offline Find More Posts by littlegnome
Last edited by littlegnome; Jan 28, 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added info
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:25 PM
union township clermont county Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
Ordered two micro slow sticks from advantage hobby, received them this past Saturday. They come with a brushed 150 geared motor. No other choice. There is a square 10 mm adapter with down thrust that is glued into the 6mm stick. Have a blue wonder brushless motor with a 10mm stick mount. A 10 esc and two 5 grams servos for it. A 250 motor and 10mm stick mount would provide plenty of power for it. Goes together just like the big slow stick. Cost me $24.09 each from Advantage Hobby. Use the brushed motor for a paper weight.
little nail is offline Find More Posts by little nail
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:19 AM
Grosse Pointe, Mi
Joined Jun 2005
1,123 Posts
For a 26" span plane, isn't 7.4 oz - 8.1oz a bit on the heavy side?
Rob_P is offline Find More Posts by Rob_P
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
Rob P, You are right, it is heavy. Should weigh about 6oz. The weight they specify is with the brushed motor and gearbox which weighs 2oz. without a prop. A brushless 250 motor weighs between .6oz and 3/4oz. My blue wonder which is way too much power weighs 1oz.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:39 AM
Random Flier
Joined Nov 2002
1,402 Posts
Instructions?

Couldn't see them on http://www.gwsus.com/english/service...ane_manual.htm
Just wondering what the packaging size is...
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
Package size SAE is length 25" width 7.5" heigth 3.5". Directions, you don't need no stinkin directions, they are in Chinglish. Pictures are pretty good. It builds just like the big slow stick. Assembled without any gear is just a little over 2 oz.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:54 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
835 Posts
Got the kit the other day. Got it put together with bluebird servos installed. Need to make a motor mount for it. Plan on running a 250 size brushless motor.... and a 9 amp speed controller...probably run some 400MAH 2 cells, or in that neighborhood. We'll see. I already have the little eflite 2200KV 250...got it when they first came out and haven't had the chance to install it on anything yet. I think it would fly it.
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:52 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,770 Posts
My son picked one up at the Arizona electric festival last week. He got it together and test flew it today. What a cool little model. We cadded up a motor mount and cut it out on the laser from 3/32 ply. He mounted a Hacker A10-9l which is beyond to much power. He's running a 2 cell 320 battery and a 8x3.8 prop. Well worth picking up this little guy. I might have to get one for myself now.
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:41 AM
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
conceptmachining, If the bearing diameter on your 250 is 6mm, Headsup rc sells a stickmount that would fit it. I have a blue wonder on mine, has an 8mm bearing. He has them also, but no more blue wonder motors. Mine weighs 7oz with and 800ma 2 cell lipo. Has enough power with the blue wonder to fly straight up out of my hand.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:48 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
835 Posts
little nail,

Hey, thanks for the info on that motor mount. I used the supplied mount that has the little 6MM rod sticking out. Then got a little round piece of plastic and drilled a 6MM hole completely thru it. Then just pushed it on the GWS mount and hit it with some CA, and then mounted some set screws on the side for my motor, and one set screw thru the CF GWS frame. Works pretty slick, and the GWS mount already has the down and right angle in it already. I plan on using the 250 2200KV motor, and batteries from my Blade 130X I think they are 300MAH 2 cells. Should be fairly light...and pretty much just a slow sport flyer.
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Jan 2001
158 Posts
conceptmachining, sounds like a good match, should come in under 6oz. I use that motor on a eflite jenney which weights about 8.5oz and flys very scale. If it ever gets warm enough around here and wind quits blowing will give it a try.