Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:14 AM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Question
Damaged Pakage

I shipped an Item to a guy, after 3 day,s in his posesion he tell's me the box was crushed and he was sending it back for a refund. I told him to hold his horses, I need picture's so I can file a insurance claim. He sends me these pictures as big as a postage stamp, you try to enlarge them and you cant make them out. 3 times I have asked him to send better pic's, he tell's me the pick's were fine. So I sent him a copy of the insurance receipt and told him to make the claim there.
Ant thoughts.
Gary
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:17 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,500 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
His email is probably downsizing when sending. See if he can post the pics...here for instance. Might be better. In Canada and with a send to the US the seller and postage purchaser needs to initiate the claim.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:48 AM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
I cant file a claim without some documentation, and he will not help me and like I said 3 days after he received it he tell's me about it, Hell he could ran over it in his garage how do I know. if the Item had been lost that would be defferant, but sence it's in his posestion, and if it was that bad when they delivered it dont you think he would have had the post person look at it, my post person stands there and wait's till I open it if the box looks smashed.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,236 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Seems fishy. Buyers remorse? Its simple to send good pictures through email. Simple to post good pictures to photobucket or even here. Show the buyer this thread, and see if he decides to cooperate.
topforce is offline Find More Posts by topforce
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,541 Posts
Trader Rating: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela31 View Post
So I sent him a copy of the insurance receipt and told him to make the claim there.
Ant thoughts.
Gary
Finished. If he opens a PayPal dispute/claim just follow the rules and cross all your t's and dot all your i's. PayPal will not pay off on shipping damage. Do not agree to accept the return of the item. Nobody will be able to file a damage claim if the parcel is shipped back to you.
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
I filed a claim today using the pic's he sent me, he did send some better pic's. I informed him not to send the box back, to just hang on to it untill the claim is complete. It's like talking to a brick wall. We'll see what happens, Thanks for your comments.
Gary
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I would just refund him and then if he gets any money from the claim he can send the money back to you
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,571 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Just wait till the shipper sends a fella out ...and see what they say..do nothing else..

Billy.
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,500 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Do what the guy with 151 ratings says!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,917 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I would just refund him and then if he gets any money from the claim he can send the money back to you
OK....now you're George Costanza, playing that 'do everything backwards' thing, right?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:04 AM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
I dont see how PayPal has anything to do with this now the pakage was received, now its up to the post office and him and me. and he does'nt understand that they may send some one out to look at the pakage,,He's still wants my address to send it back, to dam stupped to look at his PayPal receipt, I should just let him do his thing.
Gary
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:03 AM
Red Beard
United States, PA
Joined Jun 2007
48 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
I dont see how PayPal has anything to do with this now the pakage was received, now its up to the post office and him and me. and he does'nt understand that they may send some one out to look at the pakage,,He's still wants my address to send it back, to dam stupped to look at his PayPal receipt, I should just let him do his thing.
Gary
Pay pal will refund the money to the buyer I'm most cases if he puts in a claim. I deal a lot on eBay (have over 10,000) feed back and believe me when I say it is hard to win a case if your the seller. Good luck with this. I just sent a plane to Scottsdale and I insured it. The guy got it and it was damaged. I gave him all the info from the post office and I haven't heard back from him. I haven't received pos feedback yet either.
redbearddebspike is offline Find More Posts by redbearddebspike
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I say just don't sell anything! I just put all my good gear that I no longer use on a dark shelf in my closet. Someday after I die some one will find boxes and boxes of RC stuff. I know they wont know what it is and as such it all will end up at the dump somewhere. But I know I wont care as I will be dead by then anyway. It is just too much work dealing with PayPal than wrapping up the packages so nothing breaks, then take time from your day to stand in a postal office line get the paperwork and tracking done. Then the buyers remorse that follows delivery of you item. The buyer breaks the item he bought trying to use it without looking at the instructions so he or she now wants a full refund from payPal. and so the circle continues.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:44 AM
Red Beard
United States, PA
Joined Jun 2007
48 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I say just don't sell anything! I just put all my good gear that I no longer use on a dark shelf in my closet. Someday after I die some one will find boxes and boxes of RC stuff. I know they wont know what it is and as such it all will end up at the dump somewhere. But I know I wont care as I will be dead by then anyway. It is just too much work dealing with PayPal than wrapping up the packages so nothing breaks, then take time from your day to stand in a postal office line get the paperwork and tracking done. Then the buyers remorse that follows delivery of you item. The buyer breaks the item he bought trying to use it without looking at the instructions so he or she now wants a full refund from payPal. and so the circle continues.
Goldsworthy, think of all the happiness that you could provide some kid or adult if you would sell that closet full of stuff . It's not about the money. Heck I lose money on every thing I sell but if it goes to a good home and some one can use it then I'm happy. There is a web site called paypalsucks.com there are so many storied on there bout people getting scammed. I don't like PayPal. I prefer people to send money orders..but buyers prefer Paypal so I have to make the deal more attractive . If ya clean that closet out keep me in mind...
redbearddebspike is offline Find More Posts by redbearddebspike
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:05 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,541 Posts
Trader Rating: 115
Quote:
Gary
It appears the claim process has changed a bit since the last time I had to file one. Send the fool this link and tell him to get going on it if he wants his $$ back.

https://www.usps.com/manage/file-insurance-claims.htm
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member