HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jul 2007
225 Posts
Discussion
Hitec 2.4 compatible receivers

I am trying to figure out how to upgrade 5 planes without breaking the bank. I have an OPTIC 6 which I bought about 3 years ago. I love the Tx. I particularly like the adjustable knobs at the index fingers which I use for flaps, etc. A few months ago I wanted to upgrade from FM to Spread Spektrum and I went back and forth between getting the Optima Module or the Skpektrum DX6i. So, I got the Optima to keep OPTIC. Only then, silly me, found out that the Hitec Rxs are ridiculously expensive. I am not willing to buy 4 $50 Rxs. I fly homemade foamies and I refuse to spend that money. If I would have known, I would have simply bought a new Spektrum--which I am now thinking of doing. So the question is, does anyone know of any alternatives at this point?
vuoladodo is offline Find More Posts by vuoladodo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,484 Posts
There are no receivers compatible with Hitec.

Get Frsky system and mount it in Optic 6, internally it's as solid as Hitec, sharing the same RF part. Nnot stolen or cloned, the schematic is made with consumer chips, you can find it in student manuals, Graupner and many other use the same circuits.
The receivers are in the $20 ballpark, is the most solid low cost system, the most popular in FPV today.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Mar 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Hitec receivers are much less expensive than both Futaba and Spektrum(unless you want Orange RX).
You can get Minima or O6 three packs for $36-$38 each.

A DX6i feels like a POS compared to the Optic 6. The Optic 6 has quad bearing gimbals, the DX6i does not.(and they are very loose and sloppy).

I've had both for years and finally decided to convert the rest of my Spek planes to Hitec. I only used Spek due to the cheap Orange RX receivers. But finally decided its just not worth the broken trim tabs/antenna/battery door/roller and cheap sloppy gimbals.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Get Frsky system, internally it's as solid as Hitec, sharing the same RF part. Nnot stolen or cloned, the schematic is made with consumer chips, you can find it in student manuals, Graupner and many other use the same circuits.
The receivers are in the $20 ballpark, is the most solid low cost system, the most popular in FPV today.
Good point. Keep your Optic 6 and put a FrSky module in it. The same module that fits Futaba also fits Hitec.
You get the best of both worlds. Cheap receivers and the high quality feel of the Optic 6.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Good point. Keep your Optic 6 and put a FrSky module in it. The same module that fits Futaba also fits Hitec.
You get the best of both worlds. Cheap receivers and the high quality feel of the Optic 6.
Keep in mind that FrSky modules for Futaba will fit upside down in an Hitec Optic6/Eclipse7 (with the antenna pointing down) and more likely to be damaged!
vuoladodo already having an Hitec module and Rx only actually need a few extra receivers which can be had for a lot less than $50 each when bought in pack of 3:Hitec Optima 6 TRIPLE PACK (29431)
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:07 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,500 Posts
Buy another optic 6 with 2 receivers, send in for a free minima and $35 optima 7 and $15 programmer. Sell the optic 6 if you don't want an extra tx.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jul 2007
225 Posts
OK, so mostly, I should stick to the Optic and just move Rxs around, it seems. I miss the days in which these stuff was actually cheap. But then we were paying top bucks for Lipos and Brushless, weren't we?
vuoladodo is offline Find More Posts by vuoladodo
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:24 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Keep in mind that FrSky modules for Futaba will fit upside down in an Hitec Optic6/Eclipse7 (with the antenna pointing down) and more likely to be damaged!
vuoladodo already having an Hitec module and Rx only actually need a few extra receivers which can be had for a lot less than $50 each when bought in pack of 3:Hitec Optima 6 TRIPLE PACK (29431)
You can use the FrSky DIY version that is permanently wired and even put the antenna in place of the old 72Mhz unit. Then best of all worlds (except you lose modularity if that is important) as the FrSky receivers are $11-$25 bucks a pop and now available in the US.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/diy-telemetry-module.html

They also have the version with a display so you can read the telemetry values (instead of just getting beeps when voltages low or when range warnings are active).
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Another option if fond of FlySky receivers with Hitec 2.4Ghz transmitter:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=34
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:48 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Another option if fond of FlySky receivers with Hitec 2.4Ghz transmitter:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=34
Wow I had not seen that one before...
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
-----------------------
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Joined Nov 2004
56 Posts
The X8-H module from Assan now offers users of Hitec radios, including the Aurora 9, a choice in 2.4ghz technology. The X8-H also incorporates a new range check function that can be accessed with the press of a button on the module.

Assan X8-H modules are compatible with all mini series and V2 series Assan receivers.

Compatible with:
HITEC: Aurora 9, Optic 6 and Eclipse 7

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...c_Module_.html
xiamardle is offline Find More Posts by xiamardle