HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lectroglide, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:20 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,210 Posts
Rant
Fritolay prices

anyone here eat fritolay products?? went to grab some cheetos the other day and they jacked the price up a whooping .25!!!!!!! 1st they were .99 then $1.29 and now all of a sudden its $1.50 $HI-- I havent gotten a raise in 10 yrs!!!! and now they wanna rape me for an extra .25
thank heaven for dollar stores!
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Oct 04, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:41 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,284 Posts
Better talk to your boss.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:18 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
My question is, why eat that crap in the first place?? I can't get drunk enough to eat "chips"....
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:08 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,379 Posts
Buy store brands. More often than not they are made by the same company, Frito Lay. Typically $1 for the standard/large bag (as opposed to the snack size).
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
My question is, why eat that crap in the first place?? I can't get drunk enough to eat "chips"....
"cant get drunk enuff?? if ya wanna talk about somnethin bad for ya lets talk about alcohol related deaths as opposed to a bag
of cheetos
Last edited by lectroglide; Oct 01, 2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:50 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
charge you more and give you less.
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:22 PM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
Yup, alcohol-related deaths are a threat alright; at 72 I am well aware of the hazards of the Demon Drink. At the same time I've lost more friends to obesity-related deaths than alcohol, to say nothing about cigarettes!

Get into the hard stuff, and the equation changes: I brew my own beer, and make my own wine. My existing bottle of scotch was purchased 7 years ago (the only hard stuff I've grown fond of), and is only 1/4 full, guess it is time to shop for another in a year or two...
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:35 AM
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,314 Posts
Well.. don't be a fool and buy food from a convenience store. They're notoriously over priced. I buy a 12 pack of assorted chips from Walmart for $6. That's $.50 a bag. I take a whole pack to work and stick them next to my desk. Same thing with crackers. Yes I'm aware I could get them cheaper in larger bulk. Also I noticed you get more in a bag in some bulk places... but then you are tempted to eat more too. I've chosen a size/price that suites my needs.

Only time I break that rule is on holidays/trips and such. That's once every 6 months or so at the most. Worst thing I do is buy donuts and milk at 7/11 before I fly with the guys. Only because there is no Dunkin Donuts on the way.

CAUTION..RANT AHEAD ... I've been wanting to dump this somewhere...

I've avoided a particular Sunoco fuel station because they FORCE you to pay inside. ALL of their pumps say 'they're broken'. Interesting... it's a nice neat sticker printed and placed in front of the keypads permanently. Nice looking store. I won't give them my business. They clearly herding people in to sway them to purchase convenience items they make a killing on. I'll pass. I notice their pumps remain empty most of the time.
SEVERAL other gas station with-in a mile.
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
Better talk to your boss.

mw
hey mark right now I think everyones thankful just to have a job!!
the goodole days are gone when you could hit the boss up for a raise, pretty sad.........o