HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:30 AM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
squigg ....

DJI are not changing the plugs to grey ones during the firmware upgrade. The grey plugs are on new WKM shipments. I asked DJI.
hex junky is offline Find More Posts by hex junky
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:49 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
does the z15 gimbal only work on dji or can it work on its own as well
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
It will work on its own..BUT..you have to have it connected to a WooKong M or ACE ONE
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
does the z15 gimbal only work on dji or can it work on its own as well
Z15 use the wkm sensors for stability.
If you want to use the z15 on say a Mk setup. You will need the z15 and a wkm. Wkm attached to z15 and Mk flies the copter.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Add z15 with wkm set up to pole or motor bike and you will get super holly wood footage
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
As I said! Use it with a WKM
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Lol
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Technically I think all you need is the IMU which you can buy separately for around 650 or so. Anyone else confirm that with hard info? Thought I saw the video of someone using the IMU standalone.

EDIT: Nevermind, after thinking about it compass comes into play which is inside the GPS unit. Fail.
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Last edited by Sid3ways; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Feature Request

1. Logging. It would be nice to see stuff like, mode changes, errors, and warnings. Sometime when the machine is far away, I might not see what the LED is doing.

2. I would like to see if my machine is out of balance somehow during flight. Which motor is working the hardest during a hover, etc. I know external things like wind can changes this, but maybe we fly in a controlled environment.

By adding these two features, the tech support may go down as we can see more info to help solve mechanical issues that may look like software issue. For instance I had a yaw issue, which turned out my machine was way out of balance because I was not picking it up in the right spot to check CG.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:01 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Oh, did I say I would like to see logging features?
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
439 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up HJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky View Post
squigg ....

DJI are not changing the plugs to grey ones during the firmware upgrade. The grey plugs are on new WKM shipments. I asked DJI.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Z15 use the wkm sensors for stability.
If you want to use the z15 on say a Mk setup. You will need the z15 and a wkm. Wkm attached to z15 and Mk flies the copter.
The Z15 is a lot of money hanging under a multi. Why is it so expensive? And it only works with a WKM. I have the AV130 mount and a new Sony 760 camera and the stabilization is awsome. Both are less then the price of the Z15. Perhaps it will be cameras that will provide the best video stab. in the future and not the gimble.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
The Z15 is a lot of money hanging under a multi. Why is it so expensive? And it only works with a WKM. I have the AV130 mount and a new Sony 760 camera and the stabilization is awsome. Both are less then the price of the Z15. Perhaps it will be cameras that will provide the best video stab. in the future and not the gimble.
IOS is good but you also need a stable platform. The reason the Z15 is so expensive is because it's dead steady no matter the flight conditions. When people are flying for money getting the shot when YOU want it and not when the flight conditions warrant it could make all the difference in the world. That and when you only get one chance at a shot, the extra $1500 is well worth it just for added confidence.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
Make it able to carry a cannon DSLR and I'd pick one up. Have a customer wanting to carry a 5D for a film shoot and now have to find a good gimbal or make one myself
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
IOS is good but you also need a stable platform. The reason the Z15 is so expensive is because it's dead steady no matter the flight conditions. When people are flying for money getting the shot when YOU want it and not when the flight conditions warrant it could make all the difference in the world. That and when you only get one chance at a shot, the extra $1500 is well worth it just for added confidence.

True, to a point, but then why not make it available with more camera type compatibility? considering the price, its pretty restrictive surely?
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb