SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:26 AM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Discussion
Sukhoi Motor Replacement...

Just looking for tips on the best way to replace the motor on a version 1 Sukhoi. I thought I'd just remove the motor mount but it's in there pretty good. I thought the OEM glue was a hard glue but it's more like a RTV and peels off in small chunks.

Before I go off on my own I'd thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any tips on making this process easier.

Thanks!
WrongwayFeldman is offline Find More Posts by WrongwayFeldman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:22 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I just twist the motor in the mount with pliers to break the glue joints, then pull it out the back of the mount.

The board will move up and the back of the ount squeeze down enough that the motor will slide out of the mount completely.

Then pull the motor out along the side of the motor mount.

In 2 years, I've never had to remove the mount or brick to swap motors... and have had about 7 Sukhois...maybe more
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Last edited by UNGN; Dec 23, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:34 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Thanks UNGN - A guy with 7 or more Suk's must know what he's talkin about ;-)

Sounds like a plan...

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas!

WWF
WrongwayFeldman is offline Find More Posts by WrongwayFeldman