HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
959 Posts
Discussion
4.6 Experiences... is your upgrade ok is it me???

My testing experiences of 4.6...

Flashed, calibrated twice as per the printed out guide to 4.6. Twice because the ODS horizon was 5-10 deg off.

I have put a few batteries through my VM-6 now. The VM flew better on 4.3.802. Less twitchy in the hover and flying around. I have quite a flat hover throttle curve but you wouldn't think so... I have to be really careful landing.
From altitude, I am afraid to come down too fast in case it oscillates. I have tested several gain settings in AL and manual... I don’t trust it yet.
AL seems a bit off compared to last nights settings - which appeared off compared to yesterday mornings settings. All saved properly by downpowering with AL engaged.
Lots of AH testing - and I use AH when solo shooting. I tried (on the 10C TX ATV) from 10 to 35. On 15, it only dropped 7 meters before it settled. Greater ATV than that, it came down 20m in a hurry. It used to hold to 1m without a drop.

OSD: The Battery readout is nice but I use a Quanum 2.4G battery monitor so it's no essential. The artificial horizon is off level before and after arming. I wouldn't want to use it for fpv.

New setup client - the tilt sliders are intermittent and setting up the gimbal was hard work - and not consistant.

I am rolling back to 4.3.802 tonight. I have a media demo next Thursday and I need a nice flying machine - like I had before I flashed it last Saturday.

Pete
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:24 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
Are you using the v4.6 setup client to do the accelerometer calibration? This is required to get a correct calibration.
You must manually download it here.
http://www.hoverflyupdate.com/setupC....6/publish.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efliernz View Post
My testing experiences of 4.6...

Flashed, calibrated twice as per the printed out guide to 4.6. Twice because the ODS horizon was 5-10 deg off.

I have put a few batteries through my VM-6 now. The VM flew better on 4.3.802. Less twitchy in the hover and flying around. I have quite a flat hover throttle curve but you wouldn't think so... I have to be really careful landing.
From altitude, I am afraid to come down too fast in case it oscillates. I have tested several gain settings in AL and manual... I donít trust it yet.
AL seems a bit off compared to last nights settings - which appeared off compared to yesterday mornings settings. All saved properly by downpowering with AL engaged.
Lots of AH testing - and I use AH when solo shooting. I tried (on the 10C TX ATV) from 10 to 35. On 15, it only dropped 7 meters before it settled. Greater ATV than that, it came down 20m in a hurry. It used to hold to 1m without a drop.

OSD: The Battery readout is nice but I use a Quanum 2.4G battery monitor so it's no essential. The artificial horizon is off level before and after arming. I wouldn't want to use it for fpv.

New setup client - the tilt sliders are intermittent and setting up the gimbal was hard work - and not consistant.

I am rolling back to 4.3.802 tonight. I have a media demo next Thursday and I need a nice flying machine - like I had before I flashed it last Saturday.

Pete
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor