HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Sep 2012
145 Posts
Video
Hubsan Spyhawk FPV

Hubsan Spyhawk Above Clouds (3 min 38 sec)

Post your nice video here ... win a FPV skycruiser Free of Charge.. Top 10 Pilots only...
hubsan is offline Find More Posts by hubsan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
That kind of video is a bit irresponsible seeing as this is the type of high level flying that's going to get the hobby severely restricted here in the states. It's cool and all but really childish in light of forthcoming regulations.
Navy Jet Mech is offline Find More Posts by Navy Jet Mech
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Jet Mech View Post
That kind of video is a bit irresponsible seeing as this is the type of high level flying that's going to get the hobby severely restricted here in the states. It's cool and all but really childish in light of forthcoming regulations.
I completely disagree with that comment.

Other than that, it was a very nice vid with good music.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Jet Mech View Post
I agree 200%, this was actually my first thought as a professional pilot.
Otherwise very nice indeed, gonna get some for my kids, but no high level flights permitted

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
So people from anywhere in the world cannot post high-flying videos because of ridiculous US regulations?
kozack is offline Find More Posts by kozack
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozack View Post
So people from anywhere in the world cannot post high-flying videos because of ridiculous US regulations?
comments have NOTHING to do with regulations, they have to do with common sense and responsibility.
The day a commercial aircraft flying a member of your family gets shot down by such a irresponsible flight you may then start to understand what we are speaking about... but it will be too late for many innocent people.

Posting such videos "from all over the planet" may give stupid ideas to the weak minded, the same way showing too much violence on TV and video games can lead to what happened lately causing the loss of many innocent very young lives.
Rest in peace my little fellows... on a side note, what just happened in Newtown CT is absolutely sick, what has happened to us human beings !?

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families, and happy (responsible) flights
Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; Dec 19, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
Tassie Mike
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
High flying

Bet many are laughing at you "too high " blokes!!!

If I have your attention, (span = nano secs I bet)

The camera view angle makes the height look Stratospheric. If it were a "Fish Eye" you would think you were in space!

Believe less of what you think you see, use of grey matter might help as well.

Mike in Tasmania
Tassie Mike is offline Find More Posts by Tassie Mike
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
Paraguay, Central, Lambare
Joined Mar 2013
131 Posts
Hi Folks,

I share my last flight with my Spy Hawk v3 above the clouds. 827 m (2713 ft) Above Ground Level.

Spy Hawk v3 New High Altitude Record - 827 m (2713 ft) AGL - Over the Clouds (13 min 53 sec)

Regards from Paraguay,

Bruno Parini.
bparini is offline Find More Posts by bparini
Old Jul 25, 2013, 03:39 AM
Joined Nov 2009
53 Posts
setup

How did you make this possible ??
christianjou is offline Find More Posts by christianjou
Old Jul 31, 2013, 03:45 PM
Joined Mar 2013
131 Posts
In the video description are the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjou View Post
How did you make this possible ??
Old Aug 02, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Jul 2013
7 Posts
to the OP, i just ordered the spyhawk, cant wait for it to come in. in your vid, did you make any modifications? or is it still fully stock? does it have a decent range with all stock settings?
dace adoo is offline Find More Posts by dace adoo
Old Aug 03, 2013, 05:15 AM
Psalm 37:4
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dace adoo View Post
to the OP, i just ordered the spyhawk, cant wait for it to come in. in your vid, did you make any modifications? or is it still fully stock? does it have a decent range with all stock settings?
Read this thread, it will answer most all your questions about the Hubsan Spyhawk.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=spyhawk
HawkHunter is offline Find More Posts by HawkHunter
Old Sep 02, 2013, 11:35 AM
Joined Mar 2013
131 Posts
Spy Hawk v3 with OSD

My last flight with the Spy Hawk. OSD calibrated. 925 m (3034 ft) high. Touching the clouds and back.

Spy Hawk v3 with OSD - New High Altitude Record - 925 m 3034 ft) AGL - Touching the Clouds (14 min 57 sec)

Regards,

Bruno.
Old Feb 01, 2014, 05:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
57 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
54 Posts
I'm looking for help with modding this sucker. I replaced the planes antenna with a cloverleaf fat sharck circular polarized antenna and that worked, I then got a coax cable with an sma already attached and soldered it to the transmitter box where the directional antennae was attached and placed a matching fat shark antennae, it didn't work. I found that I had shorted the ground to the antennae wire with solder, so I removed it and it was much improved. I just took it out and it got fuzzy pretty quick, I then removed the fats hard antennae in mid flight and it got clear!?!?!? So, i now have decent range and its not directional, but only with the exposed sma connector, the antennae makes it worse! Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?
sd2649 is offline Find More Posts by sd2649
Old Feb 01, 2014, 05:49 PM
Joined Jul 2012
57 Posts
New development! It is getting interference from my 2.4ghz transmitter antenna. I can move the controller transmitter antenna closer to the video antenna on the controller and interference shows up. How are the coax shields supposed to be shielded? Could they not be grounded together or something?
sd2649 is offline Find More Posts by sd2649