HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Discussion
Cloward-Piven DoubleDown in Montreal

Cloward-Piven isn't just a tool to be used in the US, it applies to anywhere in the world, and in this case, Canada, our wealthy and care-free country to the North that has no problems whatsoever with their Socialist leaning system that will be well bolstered with more Cloward-Piven situations.
The longer that people ignore what things really are, the longer they will remain oblivious to where we are headed.

Quote:
MONTREAL - Montreal is waking up to a morning of smashed windows, vandalized cars and questions about how a protest degenerated into yet another violent clash between police and demonstrators.

Anger over a short-lived effort to put an end to the tuition crisis through negotiations bubbled over Wednesday night when a hastily-organized demonstration turned ugly and police used batons, pepper spray and percussion bombs to disperse the crowd.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...653/story.html

http://cloward-piven.com/
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Now fortified with carbon
DLGjunkyard's Avatar
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,611 Posts
Good one HF Socialist rioting. No oxymoron there! LOL
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Marten's Avatar
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
This is what they are rioting about. Tuition increases over the next 5 years. Whiners.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/tuition-canada/
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
They're going on a rampage over that?
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Marten's Avatar
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
Majority of the students are non-violent and don't mind the increase. A lot are non-violent, and protest, and a few sad few are sociopaths. All for less than a dollar a day.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...-montreal.html

"Some pundits suggested that, in the interest of social peace, the Charest government should back down from its planned $325-a-year, five-year tuition hikes.

The government has repeatedly said it will do no such thing.

Some students are now casting this as a deeper struggle with the phrase, "Quebec Spring," emanating from the lips of several protesters who Wednesday issued a medley of demands: the resignation of Premier Jean Charest, a general election, the complete elimination of tuition, and even broader social change.

The very idea of a negotiated settlement remains moot, for now. It took weeks just to get the government and students to sit at a negotiating table."
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
This doesn't even make sense. If they are after 'social peace', why don't they just not riot to start with?
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:47 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
This doesn't even make sense. If they are after 'social peace', why don't they just not riot to start with?
Nah, takes too much mental energy to figure that one out.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten View Post
Majority of the students are non-violent and don't mind the increase. A lot are non-violent, and protest, and a few sad few are sociopaths. All for less than a dollar a day.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...-montreal.html

"Some pundits suggested that, in the interest of social peace, the Charest government should back down from its planned $325-a-year, five-year tuition hikes.

The government has repeatedly said it will do no such thing.

Some students are now casting this as a deeper struggle with the phrase, "Quebec Spring," emanating from the lips of several protesters who Wednesday issued a medley of demands: the resignation of Premier Jean Charest, a general election, the complete elimination of tuition, and even broader social change.

The very idea of a negotiated settlement remains moot, for now. It took weeks just to get the government and students to sit at a negotiating table."
I donít mean this as a personal comment at your postÖIím more interested in the excuses (tolerance)

At what point does entitlement at the expense of someone else register as a crime?
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:45 AM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Marten's Avatar
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
I donít mean this as a personal comment at your postÖIím more interested in the excuses (tolerance)

At what point does entitlement at the expense of someone else register as a crime?
Most of the entitled students are not criminals. The ones who trash cars, bank, storefront and police station windows most certainly are. Quebec is what is called a distinct societly, and the entitlement culture has deep roots. To be fair, they also pay higher taxes than Ontarians.
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:22 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten View Post
Most of the entitled students are not criminals. The ones who trash cars, bank, storefront and police station windows most certainly are. Quebec is what is called a distinct societly, and the entitlement culture has deep roots. To be fair, they also pay higher taxes than Ontarians.
There can be no differentiation, because the moment that the very first person in any society receives largess from the public coffers that are funded by other people, and who is not required to work for or repay those funds, then that society has just become an "entitlement" society.
From that point on, people just keep getting in line to get more of the free stuff now available at the whim of a bureaucrat.

That reminds me of the old joke that has the punchline: "We've already established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price".
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkflying in Montreal, Canada muskeg Parkflyers 1 Nov 26, 2011 09:43 AM
Video WWBoomer in Montreal Hippodrone jasper135 Electric Plane Talk 1 Nov 09, 2011 10:33 AM
Alert The Cloward/Piven Strategy of Economic Recovery Kaw1000 Life, The Universe, and Politics 9 Dec 12, 2009 11:44 AM
Looking for Indoor/Outdoor spots in Montreal Allan_A Parkflyers 1 Mar 15, 2004 08:43 AM