New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by sniper695
United States, MI, Saginaw
Joined Apr 2013
105 Posts
Discussion
super cp will fly 2-3 inches high for a few seconds

this is on a new freshly charged battery, the gear and collar are all in the correct spots, it seems to spin up, then when the pitch changes to take off motor struggles and the blade slows way down, I tried a different motor I had but I'm not sure if it is any good, but they both had same issue. any ideas. also I hot glued the power wires to the main board.
sniper695 is offline Find More Posts by sniper695
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2015, 05:36 PM
Joined Apr 2013
105 Posts
Any ideas what could cause this?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by XRAYRON
United States, FL, Auburndale
Joined Jan 2015
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper695 View Post
Any ideas what could cause this?
Which transmitter are you using and what are your pitch/throttle settings at??

Quote:
this is on a new freshly charged battery, the gear and collar are all in the correct spots, it seems to spin up, then when the pitch changes to take off motor struggles and the blade slows way down, I tried a different motor I had but I'm not sure if it is any good, but they both had same issue. any ideas. also I hot glued the power wires to the main board.
So you didn't solder or use heatless solder? Hotglued... well as soon as those wires heat up they are going to lose power.
XRAYRON is offline Find More Posts by XRAYRON
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,072 Posts
I have had to resolder a Genius c/p power lead and also a Ladybird V1 power lead. Some of brand x batteries connectors get very tight. contant battery removal weakened leads. I did have a Genius c/p spin lose its pinion gear.
Drop of loctite red cured problem. Pinion slid right off. Made sure if this is problem gear lines up right. Check main gear no burrs as could be worn main gear it motor is to tight.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 27, 2015, 01:44 PM
Joined Apr 2013
105 Posts
I am not home so I'm not sure what the settings are but it used to fly fine at those settings, the gear spins properly, at low pitch the blades spin at full speed, when pitch is increased the slow down

I put hot glue around the wires to reinforce them, they were working fine, Idid it for extra strength. there are a lot of suggestions to do that. to avoid needing to resolder.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
11,072 Posts
Do as you may but flying electric helis/ quads etc soldering will need to be done at some time. Power leads are easy to do. cheap thin pencil type soldering iron/ 60/40 solder and flux get er done. Batteries run to low will charge up fine but under load will dump and lose power. This may not be problem, hope you find issue.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 29, 2015, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by Ribble
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
2,444 Posts
Quote:
this is on a new freshly charged battery
What does it do using the old battery?
Ribble is online now Find More Posts by Ribble