SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by Michael Heer
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,963 Posts
Discussion
High Praise for the HSD Viper 75mm plane!

I am finishing up my review of the 4S version of the 75mm Viper for RC Groups and Rich Baker* previously reviewed the 6S version for his Website "RC Informer." We both loved how our respective planes flew. Mine assembled with 11 screws and one Allen nut to tighten. I supplied the transmitter, receiver and battery for my plane. I was using a four cell 2800mAh battery from Banana hobby that I had bought for a previous project. I recommend people get the 3300mAh four cell as you will want all the flying time you can get as this plane is fun to fly! She tracks like she is on rails even when the throttle is adjusted up and down. I will post a link to my full review when it goes live but I love this plane. I don't recommend EDFs for Beginners but I do recommend this EDF as a first EDF for pilots that have learned how to fly. as she handles so well. Of course I recommend it for all intermediate or above pilots as well although you may want the faster 6S. Here Included are a couple of pictures from my upcoming review.
FYI: I am an independent reviewer for RC Groups and some magazines. I am not and have never been employed by ANY manufacturer or seller of RC products. Michael Heer
*Rich Baker is also an independent reviewer and does an excellent job in testing and making recommendations on how to improve the planes he reviews. He has reviewed the 6S version and speaks highly of it in his video reviews.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Mar 27, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:16 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,963 Posts
Multiple companies are making models of the Viper. This reference is solely for the 75mm version made by HSD. It can be identified most easily by the grill over the cheater hole behind the canopy and off course the letters HSD on the wing. Mike H
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Mar 27, 2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2015, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Joined Mar 2014
254 Posts
I'm very glad to hear about the positive notes! I'm curious, how long were you able to fly with the 2800mAh pack?

-Alex
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old Apr 02, 2015, 02:25 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,963 Posts
With the 2800mAh 4-cell I can fly for four minutes with mixed speeds and have a safety margin of a minute extra to land. We had five minutes plus on one flight and landed with no motor power left at all. My 3300mAh packs are only three cell. Mike H
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Apr 03, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2015, 12:19 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,963 Posts
My review of the plane has been submitted and so it should go live in RC Groups pretty soon. Mike Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:54 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,963 Posts
The review has gone live and can be found at: Review of the 75mm 4S Viper
RCG Plus Member