SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,309 Posts
Help!
How to go with diversity receiver

I have a Boscam 5.8 RC832 receiver. I use a spironet antenna that improves vRx range. I want to use a patch antenna alongside my spironet antenna, but don't wanna spend $200 on a diversified monitor. My 7" standard Tx mounted monitor is good for me.

What do i need to be able to use both antennas? Friend mention Eagle Eyes. Can someone point me in the right direction? Ideally looking for something small that can mount on monitor.

Thanks and looking forward to "going the distance!"

Ebo
Ebolavoodoo is offline Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by 1fullbird
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,436 Posts
Take a look at a FR632 diversity receiver. Would allow you to use a spironet and a patch. They do come in RPSMA and SMA models. So beware if you decide to purchase. Here is a thread for it: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2275037
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird View Post
Take a look at a FR632 diversity receiver. Would allow you to use a spironet and a patch. They do come in RPSMA and SMA models. So beware if you decide to purchase. Here is a thread for it: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2275037
Outstanding! That vRx is a sexy beast! Autoscan!
Saw on that threat guy had two of what I have and ended up with a bulky, heavy, and expensive Receiving System. I may get this and use my 832 vRx on my big monitor!

Perhaps some thoughts on eagle eyes. Thanks!

Ebo
Ebolavoodoo is offline Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:40 PM
Find More Posts by faber
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2012
97 Posts
You need two seperate receivers to run diversity, in addition to the eagle eyes. You can find diversity monitors etc but most run poor quality, low sensitivity receivers and the results can be shady.

What is your current rig? What rc control frequency are you using? What is your ultimate goal for fpv?

Answering the above questions will help us gauge what you will need (and not need) to get to where you want to be.

For instance diversity is cool, and useful, but has its drawbacks. You will likely have a much better overall fpv experience with a simple rig, a great receive antenna and some good planning. Diversity can be a pain in the butt always switching from one antenna to another when you are in close proximity, and actually degrade your overall fpv experience with constant flickering.
faber is online now Find More Posts by faber