Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Find More Posts by Sweetieinsf
Master of Disaster!
United States, CA, San Bruno
Joined Feb 2013
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
If you are an experienced RC pilot, then you should be fine with this plane. It is a great FPV platform, I am currently building a second one with the latest changes Volantex made to the main wing, along with a brushless GoPro gimbal!

Hopefully this one will stay nice and in one piece for longer than the previous one!
So when might we see your thoughts on the new wing?!?!?! It will fit the original fuse, yes? And how about the wing "joiner"? Different from the original?? Sweetie "The Impatient One" wants to KNOW!! YESTERDAY!!

Seriously though I'd like to get one ordered, along with the "joiner" as I assume the bubble level in it is different, once you can confirm it fits the original fuse.
Sweetieinsf is online now Find More Posts by Sweetieinsf
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by almard
Joined Nov 2014
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbemerson View Post
I've been experiencing similar issues with the nose down/COG. Funny thing is I didn't seem to have these problems with my first Ranger, but I can't seem to dial in the COG on the second one.

I run two 3s 8 amp batteries in series (lots of weight but nothing the Ranger should struggle with). I also have my COG at 62mm where the manual says to.

I've noticed there is very little travel in all control surfaces so I moved the elevator servo arm to the tallest hole on the control horn and added a little up pitch to the elevator at resting position as well.
Hopefully this will do the trick.
I will try the same and see if this fixes the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airoscar View Post
you might be just really out of trim on your elevator...

As for that RTL no throttle issue, might wanna try other people's Vector setting, i think someone (Sweetie?) uploaded their settings here.

Also, I would change the motor mount angle to stock for now.... I think it's always safer to maiden the airframe in manufacturer's recommended set up, test it out, trim it out, before making changes. And this way you would have a good feel for the effect of any changes you make to the airframe... I personally did not find a plane having a substantial nose-down tendancy under throttle, so i never bothered with changing the motor angle. Everyone build their plane a bit differently, and it might be inconsistency out of the factory, so it's always a good idea to maiden in stock configuration, and make sure it's trimmed out and tested, before making modifications.
You might be correct, but the new angle seems to do fine with me so I think I'll just keep it the way it is now.

I will search for Sweeite's vector settings and try them out.
Thanks alot.

Regards,
almard is offline Find More Posts by almard