New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2015, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
3,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash77 View Post
Can't access the gov tab's in the software so I don't think it does.
No you can access the gov tabs and even activate the governor with the yellow Kbar, but it can't read the RPM signal because they removed 1 component to save a penny. You need to go to the Gov. 1 tab in the setup and change the Governor mode tab from "Disabled" to electric or nitro and then click the reset tab next to it. You MUST click the reset tab else it will just pass the throttle signal from the receiver through to the output port. This nearly bit me in the ass one time.

When your Vbar is initialized to factory settings, the gov is not set up and you will need to enable it and hit the reset tab again. Also take care when loading files that were saved from a vbar that didn't have the gov set up. As well, be careful when loading vbar configs from a full sized onto a mini and vice versa, you will need to reset the gov or it will do the same thing (just pass the throttle signal through)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash77 View Post

I've cleaned the gro chip and taken a pic for ya bud.
Invensense MPU-3050, this is a single 3 axis gyro with a combined digital signal output. I believe that the small chip next to it is the microcontroller that they are using to convert the digital signal output from the gyro into the three analog signals for pitch roll and yaw that the Vbar's CPU expects from the three Invensense ISZ-500 chips. (older Vbars used a two axis ITG-500 for pitch and roll and an ISZ-500 for yaw).

The blue Kbar uses an ISZ-650 for pitch and roll and an amp to boost the signals to the range the Vbar expects as well as an ISZ-500 for the yaw axis.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; May 22, 2015 at 10:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2015, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by conbones
AMA# 1004189
United States, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2012
345 Posts
were can i get a usb cable for the fu-bar?
conbones is offline Find More Posts by conbones
Old May 23, 2015, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by Dave778
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jun 2014
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
No you can access the gov tabs and even activate the governor with the yellow Kbar, but it can't read the RPM signal because they removed 1 component to save a penny.
Do you have more information about this?
I would be able to insert SMT components if it is something simple like a passive. That would be amazing.
Dave778 is offline Find More Posts by Dave778
Old May 23, 2015, 03:36 AM
Find More Posts by smash77
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
No you can access the gov tabs and even activate the governor with the yellow Kbar, but it can't read the RPM signal because they removed 1 component to save a penny. You need to go to the Gov. 1 tab in the setup and change the Governor mode tab from "Disabled" to electric or nitro and then click the reset tab next to it. You MUST click the reset tab else it will just pass the throttle signal from the receiver through to the output port. This nearly bit me in the ass one time.

When your Vbar is initialized to factory settings, the gov is not set up and you will need to enable it and hit the reset tab again. Also take care when loading files that were saved from a vbar that didn't have the gov set up. As well, be careful when loading vbar configs from a full sized onto a mini and vice versa, you will need to reset the gov or it will do the same thing (just pass the throttle signal through)
Thanx for the info. Not sure whats going on then. I click on either the Gov1 or Gov2 tab and nothing happens. I can access all the other tabs but clicking on either gov tab and the software stays on the tab its already on.

On the main software page the governor section frame is present and shows info but as soon as I plug the gyro in it disappears.

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of the software or something. Tried 5.3.4 and 5.3.2. I didn't have a receiver connected for the test.
smash77 is offline Find More Posts by smash77
Old Today, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,459 Posts
OK, guys - this Yellow KBar is driving me mad!

I have my first Yellow K-bar which flies fine - and I did nothing special with it. I get a few "Raised Vibration" messages in the log, but nothing else.

Based on it, I bought some others for other HK450's. One constantly gives me "Extreme Vibration" messages. even though I've balanced everything (on a 0.1g digi weighing meter), changed heads, gears, blades, mounting tape, helis, mounted it on a low-vibration mount etc. It does fly, but I'd rather get rid of the extreme warnings!

Finally I took it apart in the vain hope of finding some dodgy soldering that I could re-do. I noticed that the USB socket pins were long enough to press on to the back of the case - and thought "Ahhaaa!" I trimmed them short, and even removed the support foam, so the PCB was now being held by the case itself. Sorted, I thought!

Just tried it out again - still "Extreme Vibration" warnings!!

I tried the latest one I bought, and that had loss of signal/low 3.3v when I tried to use it with satellites (but the first Kbar runs fine with 2x Orange sats!).

Any 'magic bullets' to enable me to get the bloomin' thing run with few warnings??
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Last edited by Norman Adlam; Today at 09:50 AM.