HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:17 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,952 Posts
Trader Rating: 636
Just took a closer look at the photos - the batteries look okay to me. I see one dinged corner, and some torn wrapping near the balance wires on another. Which battery is taco'ed? I'm having trouble finding that one. Definitely not great condition, but a few dings generally don't affect performance - I guess I'd call these batteries fair cosmetically. Performance-wise, it looks like all but one balance well, and the one that's out of balance isn't out by much - 3.85 & 3.78 aren't that far off. Do you have the ability to test the IR's? If you can, that should be the true test of how the batts will perform.
If I were the seller, I'd refund your money. Not sure if I'd offer to pay return shipping - I suppose that would depend on how the ad was worded, photos, etc.
Hope you two are able to work it out. If not, it looks like those batteries should still work just fine.
Best,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:24 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,671 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
Bummer Litespeed......Hope you can find some kind of Deal with the fella....Sending Funds with M.O. unless its a REALLY GOOD trader....I don't recommend at all......You should post his Name on here for the rest of us to stay away from...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:43 AM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Thanks for all the info and well wishes guys, I appreciate it.

He has 44 good trader ratings. I should prolly have over 100 but most forget to leave it. His was better than mine here on rcgroups. I thought he was an upstanding guy.....it appears I was wrong.

I wondered about the USPS shipping part and feel that with the really bad packing this could have ended in a really bad way. I would have never guessed someone could be so careless with so much energy.

The original post had pictures of them sitting side by side. They all looked good. At this point I don't think he intentionally sent me crap. I believe his really crappy packing job was pure negligent and he should stand behind the whole cost of reimbursement including shipping.

As far as the damage goes the one "taco-ed" pack is actually crushed in pretty good. If you have ever had one you know the kinda snap back but the depth of the wrinkles shows the real story.

It's also hard to show the puffiness of the batteries. I have seen worse but I expected none.

IR is so relative to everything else like connectors, length of wire and these have different connectors then I have. I need to change them out to EC5s or Deans ultras to check them.

If I don't resolve this in the up coming week I'll expose his name and the original post including poor detailed feedback so this hopefully will warn others to stay away. I really wish he would just man up, quit playing the "your mad at me so I'm mad at you game" and learn from this whole situation. I would!

Thanks again everyone.

Tom
litespeed is offline Find More Posts by litespeed
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:55 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
WOW those batterys look like c$#p!. I think they should have been disposed of not re sold! good luck to you and please share with us the name of the seller!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:09 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,368 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
Thanks for all the info and well wishes guys, I appreciate it.

He has 44 good trader ratings. I should prolly have over 100 but most forget to leave it. His was better than mine here on rcgroups. I thought he was an upstanding guy.....it appears I was wrong.

I wondered about the USPS shipping part and feel that with the really bad packing this could have ended in a really bad way. I would have never guessed someone could be so careless with so much energy.

The original post had pictures of them sitting side by side. They all looked good. At this point I don't think he intentionally sent me crap. I believe his really crappy packing job was pure negligent and he should stand behind the whole cost of reimbursement including shipping.

As far as the damage goes the one "taco-ed" pack is actually crushed in pretty good. If you have ever had one you know the kinda snap back but the depth of the wrinkles shows the real story.

It's also hard to show the puffiness of the batteries. I have seen worse but I expected none.

IR is so relative to everything else like connectors, length of wire and these have different connectors then I have. I need to change them out to EC5s or Deans ultras to check them.

If I don't resolve this in the up coming week I'll expose his name and the original post including poor detailed feedback so this hopefully will warn others to stay away. I really wish he would just man up, quit playing the "your mad at me so I'm mad at you game" and learn from this whole situation. I would!

Thanks again everyone.

Tom
You kind of contradict yourself. Now you say you dont think he intentionally sent you bad batteries, but yet in your first post, what you say you wrote to him... kind of accuses him of doing so. I can see where this got off on the wrong foot.

I am not taking sides here, but I will leave you with this for future dealings.
"you will catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar".

Wording that first email differently and to the point, (short and sweet) may have changed the course of this and not needed a thread on RC Groups.

I can see where someone might have gotten defensive if accusations fly in the first email.

I do not agree though about naming the individual or negative feedback, as there just doesn't seem to be enough information from either side to determine what if anyone did anything intentional. A link to the sale ad would be a first step, and then better pictures from you. A video of the unboxing would have been even sweeter.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:18 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
I sent the seller (most probable) an invite last night...hope he weighs in here.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
You kind of contradict yourself. Now you say you dont think he intentionally sent you bad batteries, but yet in your first post, what you say you wrote to him... kind of accuses him of doing so. I can see where this got off on the wrong foot.

I am not taking sides here, but I will leave you with this for future dealings.
"you will catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar".

Wording that first email differently and to the point, (short and sweet) may have changed the course of this and not needed a thread on RC Groups.

I can see where someone might have gotten defensive if accusations fly in the first email.

I do not agree though about naming the individual or negative feedback, as there just doesn't seem to be enough information from either side to determine what if anyone did anything intentional. A link to the sale ad would be a first step, and then better pictures from you. A video of the unboxing would have been even sweeter.
Really? Should I have started the first reply with, "Sorry to bother you sugar pie ....." I explained my initial "knee-jerk" reaction but any thing I did after the fact does not in anyway shape or form release the seller/shipper/money taker from liability for said product. Do you really think I need to video tape the unboxing of every private online purchase I make? How about every online seller taking responsibility for his or her actions? I always have and always will. I can't believe with the info I have given in anyway incriminates me for anyone to think more info is needed. Lets put it into cave man terms.
Him....I sell these
Me......I want these...I send money
Him....I send you these
Me......I get broken these
Him....you not be nice so you keep
Me.....huh

Kinda makes a person think how could it possibly be my fault other than trusting the wrong person?

Tom
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:24 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Always buy brand new ipos! never used ones lipos are cheap new so there is no reason to buy someones "USED GOODS"
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:42 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Ripped off, not ripped off, OP has an abrasive righteous attitude.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:27 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,368 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Really? Should I have started the first reply with, "Sorry to bother you sugar pie ....." I explained my initial "knee-jerk" reaction but any thing I did after the fact does not in anyway shape or form release the seller/shipper/money taker from liability for said product. Do you really think I need to video tape the unboxing of every private online purchase I make? How about every online seller taking responsibility for his or her actions? I always have and always will. I can't believe with the info I have given in anyway incriminates me for anyone to think more info is needed. Lets put it into cave man terms.
Him....I sell these
Me......I want these...I send money
Him....I send you these
Me......I get broken these
Him....you not be nice so you keep
Me.....huh

Kinda makes a person think how could it possibly be my fault other than trusting the wrong person?

Tom

I am not saying there are any RULES here, just saying if I get a box and it looks like that, I whip out the video camera, before I ever start to open it. Just for a cover my type thing.

Anyways, again, here is that self righteous attitude, I was talking about. I can already tell you, that with this attitude , I and many other sellers would be far less likely to be helpful. I said it and others did too, it is very hard to tell what the issue is in your pictures. I am not seeing near the damage you claim in your first post. I cant judge what it is you received, as I do not know what the pictures and description were in the original ad.

I nor anyone said what you said in emails released the seller of any responsibility, of what is his responsibility. But when you accuse him first of sending the product in a known damaged state, then later say it was due to a damaged package, I myself am not sure what/who you are blaming.

Anyways, start a thread about a transaction, and you are going to get peoples opinion on the subject, using the given information. But then to tongue lash at me or anyone else for that opinion, in the way you just did, has said more than you realize.

Enjoy your hobby. I hope whatever part of your transaction was not correct, gets corrected. However I think you are going to have to change your approach before that happens. Let's not forget you purchased used goods. These were not purchased new, and should not expect them to look new, unless stated in the ad, that they are new. Compare the pictures you had of the ad, to your product you received, since you have not allowed us to do so, and try to do that "level headed". If you approach that with "I got shafted" , you will find things that are not really there.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PropsnWings; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:34 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,952 Posts
Trader Rating: 636
Hi Tom,
If you come on here asking for feedback, it might be best to be open to opinions that both agree and differ from your own. Being defensive here in this thread is likely to produce the same kind of responses you got from your seller. I agree with you, you do deserve a refund, but the tone of your second and third email will probably make it hard to easily get the resolution you desire. I think Props makes a good point - I hope you started your first PM to the seller with something like, "Hi <name>, I received the package today, and have some concerns...", but if instead you actually started with this accusatory sentence, "You didn't tell me they were puffy, that they had an imbalance of over 87 mv and that one was slightly taco-ed?", you've already put the seller on the defensive. Something to think about.

In these two statements quoted below, you're again correct, but think how you'd feel receiving these statements if the roles were reversed.
"Assuming what you say is true then it was most obviously your packing or lack there of. You wrapped over 7 lbs of batteries in a single layer of small bubble wrap and then used 6 "air packing pillows" to send the batteries 1200 miles in postal trucks and planes?"
"And if that wasn't enough you sent them without insurance?"

Also, I know it's small, but every time I read your sentences that aren't questions, but yet still have question marks, it feels accusatory (again), and a bit like you're yelling. Kinda like the misses saying, "You spent $250 dollars on another RC airplane?, while she holds the receipt in her hand.

Finally, most people don't like to be told what to do. Statements like this will rarely result in any kind of progress.
"You will take care of this"

I guess my point is this: If you have a problem, proceed kindly, without accusation, and give the seller the first opportunity to make things right. It doesn't always work, but it usually does. I just had a similar experience to yours last week - turned out very differently. Here's a transcript of my communication with the seller, and his responses:

Me: Hi XXXX, got the package - thanks. I tested everything - radio, motor, packaging were all great, but one servo has some stripped gears, and the ESC is non-functional. I took a photo of the ESC board - the orange and red signal wires that go to the THRO channel on the rx are broken (see photo - the break is in the center of the photo). I'm happy to send you a video as well. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Talk soon,
Josh

Seller: Well damn. I have another servo and almost equivalent esc that I can send you

Me: If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the quick response, and sorry for the bad news.. J

Seller: Mailed it this morning, expect it Monday

Me: Thanks so much!

I won't know until Monday, but it appears that being kind and to the point will get me what I paid for. I have a feeling that, had I approached the situation with demands and frustration, the seller's response would not have been what I wanted to hear. Something to think about the next time a deal goes downhill.
Take care,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:12 PM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Jun 2008
367 Posts
Trader Rating: 209
What kind of checker is that? I want one lol
hi2nr is offline Find More Posts by hi2nr
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:44 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Next time, all you need to say to the seller is:

"I got the package today, unfortunately, it appears they arrived damage. How would you like to proceed. Thank You."

That's all and the response would probably be along the lines of:
"I am sorry that happened, I can offer you a discount or you can return them for a refund".

It's usually that simple.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Fair enough everyone. I'm just extremely aggravated about the whole thing. I'm a bit more simplistic than the average buyer I suppose. I saw the package a opened it up. In the future I'll pay more attention to the details but hindsight is always 20/20. All of the "shoulda, coulda and woulda" doesn't help me at this point but I will apply all the useful info you all if something goes wrong in the future.

I guess I was looking for the bottom line. Even if the pictures don't show the complete story the verbiage should fill in the gaps. Smashed pack, two puffy packs and one ok. Should he refund me?
Tom
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:09 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Fair enough everyone. I'm just extremely aggravated about the whole thing. I'm a bit more simplistic than the average buyer I suppose. I saw the package a opened it up. In the future I'll pay more attention to the details but hindsight is always 20/20. All of the "shoulda, coulda and woulda" doesn't help me at this point but I will apply all the useful info you all if something goes wrong in the future.

I guess I was looking for the bottom line. Even if the pictures don't show the complete story the verbiage should fill in the gaps. Smashed pack, two puffy packs and one ok. Should he refund me?
Tom
Probably, but first I would have to read the original ad.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD