HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Crashy McCrasherson
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by changosurf View Post
As kha said, I believe that the olrsng code doesn't yet support doing a full stats dump over serial. You'd either have to ask&wait on him, or just try to do it yourself.

Does the openlog require a special format? Or does it just log everything that comes through in plain text? It seems like ideally you'd want to pack up the stream in a binary format, dunno, just a thought...

It would be cool to have the serial dump packed in some way, and then have it parsed and displayed on the configurator. That would be awesome...
Ya I was gonna get it going on my own, shouldn't be too hard (famous last words). I think openlog stores it as plain text, which is why I was thinking I should be able to get the datastream going from the receiver and have a look at it with teraterm.

At first I was thinking it would have been better to have a system completely external which measures and logs some ADC'd values. But after some thought, this is waaaay better as it's logging the values that the receiver actually gets. I'm still pondering if it should have power separate to the receiver, cause then it isn't a total slave to the well being of the receiver.

Does anyone know which values the receiver has access to? I actually haven't had a look at the code, that'll be soon. Does it know the value of the 5V rail? Seems unlikely...what about the 3V3?
Jason Allan is offline Find More Posts by Jason Allan
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
surf monkey
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2011
1,060 Posts
another feature request in case this isn't already available by some other means.

I'm using PPM output from port 5 to my FC, but I'd like to connect an discovery buzzer on one of the free ports on the RX.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ry_Buzzer.html

I was wondering if would be possible to add an "FS HIGH" option into the list of port output options within the configurator's RX tab. The idea being that the port will be set 'high' when a failsafe is detected. So, for example, I could set the output for port 8 to 'FS HIGH' within the configurator, connect my discovery buzzer to port 8, and the buzzer will sound whenever a FS is detected.

I guess, if desired, that this could be greatly expanded and made super user-customizable, such as being able to set a custom PWM output value or even a on/off time duty cycle option. However, I'd settle for just being able to toggle the port 'high' on FS so that it'll activate the buzzer.

I realize that I could probably just set this up via a separate channel and my radio, but it seems like a waste of resources to dedicate a whole channel just for this. Any thoughts?
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2013
457 Posts
This feature is already implemented output channels can be logic high/low, so set the output to be a logic channel (scroll down, on the output pin menu) and set your failsafe to a 1800+uS value.
DTF UHF is offline Find More Posts by DTF UHF
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
surf monkey
Joined Aug 2011
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF UHF View Post
This feature is already implemented output channels can be logic high/low, so set the output to be a logic channel (scroll down, on the output pin menu) and set your failsafe to a 1800+uS value.
Ok, sounds great, but does it automatically get set to logic high when the rx detects it's in failsafe, or does it still require for an input channel from the tx to drive it high?

My idea is this: I want to set my TX to only send 8 channels over the air (all of which are already being completely used up by my FC). On the RX, I'd also be injecting RSSI+QUAL on channels 9 & 10, and so I'd then be sending channels 1-10 to the FC via PPM on port 5. So, without having to dedicate or transmit any other channels, I'd like to have port 8 go high on link loss/failsafe (port # is arbitrary). I can then hook up my buzzer to that port and let the RX worry about driving it high, independent of my FS settings.

Again, ideally, this would happen auto-magically, without requiring me to have an additional input channel to drive the port & then having to save the FS setting for that channel.

Would your method allow me to do this in some way?
Last edited by changosurf; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined May 2013
457 Posts
Hmm, I think in this case, you could use the LBEEP feature on the analogue RSSI port. It will go high with an audio signal whenever a packet is lost. It's not a logic high signal but it's probably enough to drive an active buzzer.
DTF UHF is offline Find More Posts by DTF UHF
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF UHF View Post
Hmm, I think in this case, you could use the LBEEP feature on the analogue RSSI port. It will go high with an audio signal whenever a packet is lost. It's not a logic high signal but it's probably enough to drive an active buzzer.
There is LLIND which just goes high when lbeep beeps.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
surf monkey
Joined Aug 2011
1,060 Posts
question:
when FS values are stored into EEPROM on the RX, what happens if the incoming channel count has decreased from 12ch to 8ch?

Haven't looked at the code, so I don't know if it'll work, but I'm wondering if I could the following:
1) set OpenLRSngTX to output 12 channels within configurator
2) set radio to transmit high/2000us on channel 11
3) set my desired buzzer port on the RX to output channel 11 in the configurator's RX settings tab
4) start up & bind TX and RX modules, set my desired FS settings on my radio (including high on CH11), and save FS settings via bind button on TX
5) go into configurator & drop channel transmission count to 8CH
6) power down radio & let FS settings kick in

...in this scenario, would channel 11's FS value still be output??? If not, then how could I go about adjusting the code to allow for this persistence? I.e., force persistent FS channels & values even if the output channel count changes...
Old Today, 12:31 AM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,442 Posts
KHA & DTF UHF:
I don't know if this was ever answered.
But is there a way to make the binding word a call sign or 8 letter name?
Then I would not have to rebind when switching models.
Thanks for the answer ahead of the time!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio