SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,204 Posts
Discussion
training mode switch on devo 8s?

I can't seem to figure out how to change the physical switch that switches training mode from master to slave and vice versa.....it is currently set on the inner righthand little switch but I would much rather have it switched with aile D/R toggle switch so that I don't have to take my thumb off the sticks to switch control back and forth.

Anyone know how to change it or if it's even possible?

thanks
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:35 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
It seems, that you can confure it only to the left or right upper trim...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
It seems, that you can confure it only to the left or right upper trim...
that sucks....seems like they would allow you to assign the switch somewhere that doesn't require taking your thumb off the stick to switch back and forth....makes a quick save more nerve racking than it need be.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:03 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,204 Posts
I hate to do any cutting on my devo8s but I am seriously thinking about moving that switch somewhere my fingers can reach it while my thumbs are on the sticks.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,204 Posts
Figured I would post my solution for anyone else who might be interested.

After opening my 8s up and seeing that the training mode switch is actually a rocker that actuates two momentary switches I got the ide of adding my own micro momentary switch connected to one side of the current switches, that way I don't affect the use of that switch or leave a empty spot where it currently sits. I bought a micro momentary switch from radio shack that has a long stem for the button. I Drilled a hole the right size for that stem button in the righthand corner of my tx which is a spot I can easily rest a finger on while in training mode. I didn't want any screws visible on the outside of the tx so I drilled holes for two small screws on the inside on either side of the micro switch hole and put the screws in so the low melting point plastic I used to mount it would have something to grab on to. Everything works perfect and it had very minimal impact on the exterior of the tx which is what I was going for.

here's a few pics for reference.

Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Really nice!
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_