HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,260 Posts
What made you go with the 10T? I'm not sure if head speed is better or torque? During tick tocks my motor bogs quite a bit. I don't know if it's slow servos, or lack of power, but the tick tocks look more like rainbows but then again, I'm just learning them. On the simulator I can do them better. Also the heli seems to want to go left while doing tick tocks. Is that the anti rotation position on the swash causing that?
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:54 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,276 Posts
Microheli blade grips and swash

I finally got around to installing these today. Everything else is stock except for the boom supports. I flew using the new hyperion 400mah 35C pack. Very smooth heli. The swash now has the guide in the back. I did notice a difference in flipping etc. Might get the head to go along with it soon. I have the microheli square boom and tail blade grips (non weighted ones), and am weary to put those on. Microheli since introduced a newer design. I will probably sell them if anyone is interested. Also I am using the #16 keychain cam I got today. The video is ok, but seems my other camcorder does better video.

Blade 130x (3 min 17 sec)

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
...Also I am using the #16 keychain cam I got today. The video is ok, but seems my other camcorder does better video.
Nice flying! So what's your other camcorder? Don't tell me it's a #11 because I just ordered a #16! Looks like you got the "D" lens. So did I. I figure that's best for hat-camming if you keep it close and FPV work.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Nice flying! So what's your other camcorder? Don't tell me it's a #11 because I just ordered a #16! Looks like you got the "D" lens. So did I. I figure that's best for hat-camming if you keep it close and FPV work.
Thanks! Yeah I should have flown closer, but just getting used to the camera. No the other one is a Flip HD. Not hatcam unless I do some drilling..lol. I love how small the keychain cam is though! My fiance thinks I look like a tourist. Or a dork.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:36 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,036 Posts
It's been 2 weeks and finally got some more flight time with my 130 again

Modded Blade 130x (2 min 54 sec)
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,260 Posts
That heli sure twitches around on you a lot. It's all over the place. Maybe some more expo would help you out with that. And that tail spins out a lot too. Mine don't act that way at all. I woulda hit TH in the first 10 seconds, but you hung in there. You musta got a bad one. LOL JK,, Great flying. I hope mine does that some day.
Garry K.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
That heli sure twitches around on you a lot. It's all over the place. Maybe some more expo would help you out with that. And that tail spins out a lot too. Mine don't act that way at all. I woulda hit TH in the first 10 seconds, but you hung in there. You musta got a bad one. LOL JK,, Great flying. I hope mine does that some day.
Garry K.
Yea I think mines is clearly defective! It has a mind of it's own and the tail just doesn't want to hold. 90% of the time it was blowing all over the place haha Took me almost 3 minutes just to bring it back down lol What a rush!
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Great flying Tony! Always love watching your videos.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:36 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
thats an awesome video tony, i gues my tail servo is defective also so sensitive and sometimes does not responding while my heli was airborne its so silly i just got 68fligths on it. i always dismatle and clean every 2 fligths, is there any idea in what is the best replacement servo? i think the long throw servos that the HH make is not reliable for us consumer the design is rigth as it is and very ligth but it does't long last. I am planning to change all the servo but how to mount and what is the best on it?
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
This heli is amazingly crash-worthy. I was practicing flying backwards and went in tail-first. When I looked at the damage I thought, "Uh, oh, now you've done it!" The tail rotor box was splayed open enough that a tail's shaft bearing was completely out of its seat. And the pitch control slider had completely popped out of the control horn... both the ball and the pin. But nothing was really broken. So I fiddled it all back in place, and not only does it fly, but the spool-up vibration is gone, the tail is locked in and there's no wag! Amazing!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Just completed the 100th flight with the RKH metal tail grips (red w/ Chinese weight mod). Zero problems. The RKH pitch slider has been going strong for almost 200 flights now. Still very tight. Just thought I'd share since these have been excellent parts.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,260 Posts
Is this the pitch slider?

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ification_form

Garry K.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
If you're asking me, no, that is not the RKH (Rakon Heli) pitch slider I have. That link shows the brand as Xtreme Production.

It's this one.

http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...d=234&Itemid=1
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Just joined the 130x fold. Fun little thing power for days! ( unlike my mcpx )

The only thing I did was setup my DX6i and fly it, then found some threads on tail issues..which I didn't even notice but I did put one small piece of tape on one tail blade that nearly elimated the crazy shake on spool up. ( Which I did not notice on my first flight anyway )

Might be my favorite right now.. i'm new started with MCPX, then Tarot 450 V2 Pro ( which I'm still scared to fly but have about 7 flights on that one one )...now 130x on a whim..wild hair saw it in the LHS and just bought it lol. and it is fun!
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:57 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
If you're asking me, no, that is not the RKH (Rakon Heli) pitch slider I have. That link shows the brand as Xtreme Production.

It's this one.

http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...d=234&Itemid=1
OK cool thanks for the link. 100 flights and still going strong sounds pretty good to me. I haven't had any trouble with my stock one since getting rid of the vibrations, but I would like to have that one on hand when it does decide to go.
Garry K.