HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:24 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
$5 fix for better high speed flight control

Hey guys, just want to throw my 2 cents in a cheap upgrade that takes all the flex out of the controls linkages to the ailerons and especially the elevator.
The new Parkzone F-27Q Striker linkages bolt on nicely to this F-18 and are waaaaaaaaay less flimsy. The tail linkages in this F-18 I found particularly alarming and probably prone to tail flutter under stress. (at my flying level I'm being somewhat gentle still)

Did a change-over and took some snap shots.

I bought a second set as I plan on changing out the servos to something better next.
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Last edited by Ispintechno; Nov 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
I'm actually not that happy with how little thread is left for the elevator adjuster. I think I'll take carbon tube and put it over the original F-18 elevator rod to take the flex out. Should work...
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:12 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
421 Posts
I just started assembly of mine, during testing, the nose retract began sticking in the "down" position. It will go back up if you tap on it several times. Has anyone had issues with defective e-tracts on this model?

Anyone dealt with Nitroplanes dealing with defects? I tried calling them, phone would just ring about 20 times then disconnect me. Sent them an e-mail, waiting for response.....not good.

Ron
Pilot in MO is offline Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot in MO View Post
I just started assembly of mine, during testing, the nose retract began sticking in the "down" position. It will go back up if you tap on it several times. Has anyone had issues with defective e-tracts on this model?

Anyone dealt with Nitroplanes dealing with defects? I tried calling them, phone would just ring about 20 times then disconnect me. Sent them an e-mail, waiting for response.....not good.

Ron
try the live chat..or find them on this forum under vendors or try there forum from there website..at the bottom..it sucks that we have to go through all these changes..but live chat or the forums have worked great for me..lol..once you get through they can be very helpful..just try and stay calm..in this business they get alot of rude people and it only back fires..
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:57 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Since there aren't enough videos of this plane... enjoy!

Exceed RC F/A-18 70mm edf jet close call landing (5 min 57 sec)

Exceed R/C F/A-18 edf jet 70mm smooth flying! (12 min 3 sec)
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:44 PM
Texas
Joined Jul 2001
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
Wow! That was a close call landing! Nice last second save!
HardAbz is offline Find More Posts by HardAbz
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:52 PM
John
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardAbz View Post
Wow! That was a close call landing! Nice last second save!
thanks
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:48 PM
John
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
I know this is a little off topic... but not all my flights yesterday went well.... just thought i'd share...

T-50 Aftermath! (2 min 31 sec)
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:38 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
I know this is a little off topic... but not all my flights yesterday went well.... just thought i'd share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqTTTWnRmRA&hd=1
wow...what a bummer...those darn poles!!!!...sorry to see that..thanks for sharing.
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
Any advice appreciated

Greetings,
Just received my new Exceed 70mm F18 ARF. I haven't opened the box yet because it's apresent from my wife for Christmas. Gotta wait another week. It apparently comes with a KV2750 motor and a 45A ESC. Can anyone attest to the quality of the ESC? Does this ESC come with a BEC?? Should I bypass the BEC and go with a seperate battery for the electronics???
What would be the recommended battery for this configuration?
How about the stock servos, will they hold up??

Any advice would be appreciated.
Aero D is offline Find More Posts by Aero D
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:02 AM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero D View Post
Greetings,
Just received my new Exceed 70mm F18 ARF. I haven't opened the box yet because it's apresent from my wife for Christmas. Gotta wait another week. It apparently comes with a KV2750 motor and a 45A ESC. Can anyone attest to the quality of the ESC? Does this ESC come with a BEC?? Should I bypass the BEC and go with a seperate battery for the electronics???
What would be the recommended battery for this configuration?
How about the stock servos, will they hold up??

Any advice would be appreciated.
Congrats on your Christmas gift. Hope you enjoy it. You should be alright with the stock esc and you won't have to buy a BEC. My F-18 has been quite happy with it's 4s 3000Mah pack. If you upgreade the motor you'll want to upgrade to a 60 amp ESC.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Feb 2008
41 Posts
Lander fan/motor

Just purchased the kit. After reading through much of the forum it seems the majority feel this is a fun stable jet. I yanked my 70mm RC Lander fan/motor combo from a Lander F16 and plan to install it in the F18. Any thoughts on this choice would be appreciated. Also have a 65A HET and 4s 3300mah battery to complete the power setup.

Thanks
gioial is offline Find More Posts by gioial
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:32 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gioial View Post
Just purchased the kit. After reading through much of the forum it seems the majority feel this is a fun stable jet. I yanked my 70mm RC Lander fan/motor combo from a Lander F16 and plan to install it in the F18. Any thoughts on this choice would be appreciated. Also have a 65A HET and 4s 3300mah battery to complete the power setup.

Thanks
I've an MB1 and SAPAC knock off fan and feel it's a tad tail heavy but there's PLENTY enough room in the bat tray for even a 5s 3300mah.

Some tips maybe not in the thread

Use heavier gauge steering wire and secure steering servo well to prevent bending of front landing gear strut wire. I use the round servo arm cause it's always been the toughest and doesn't break on "aggressive landings"

Clear tape the rudders and lending edges of wing, it'll toughen them up 3 fold and wont add too much extra weight or hide the looks of the plane any. I did this to my Windrider F35 which is a low density light EPS and they haven't snapped once even though I've flipped it a couple of times.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2008
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
I've an MB1 and SAPAC knock off fan and feel it's a tad tail heavy but there's PLENTY enough room in the bat tray for even a 5s 3300mah.

Some tips maybe not in the thread

Use heavier gauge steering wire and secure steering servo well to prevent bending of front landing gear strut wire. I use the round servo arm cause it's always been the toughest and doesn't break on "aggressive landings"

Clear tape the rudders and lending edges of wing, it'll toughen them up 3 fold and wont add too much extra weight or hide the looks of the plane any. I did this to my Windrider F35 which is a low density light EPS and they haven't snapped once even though I've flipped it a couple of times.
Thanks for the information. I was a little worried about the heavier Lander setup, but suppose I could balance it out with the appropriate bat. UPS status shows they received a shipping label. I don't believe it will arrive before Xmas using ground shipping...
gioial is offline Find More Posts by gioial
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:16 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,465 Posts
Sullivan products
No. S527 Bulk 2-56 w/Clips (12)
No. S501 2-56 Assorted double end thread 8 rods

No. S528 Bulk 4-40 w/Clips (12)
S494 4-40 Assorted double end thread 10 rods

Don't forget Robart hinge pins to replace the cheesie fall apart hinges

JK are you keeping the sun to your back and your car out of the flight path now?
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero