HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:44 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead View Post
Hey Narcas. Did you try thr elcheapo OSD yet.

Bx
I've been testing my Tiny2 OSD.....I'm impressed, only had a couple of flights with it..I like the Flight summary at the end, the GPS co-ords in case I lose it, & it finds the Sats in a minute...nice little unit....
forgot to mention the after sales service, unlike other gear, you actually talk with the "help me crew".....
muduck is offline Find More Posts by muduck
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
ommadawn that fpv wing is absolutely nuts!!! you'll be setting some new pb's with that thing. Somehow I dont think 600W will be enough for launch
Im thinking that way too actually, but I will give it a try first as I dont know how much power the wing will need to keep it up. It just happened to be a motor I had lying around. Im not planning on launching from flat ground, most likely a slope soarer type launch. It wouldnt be too difficult to uprate the motor anyway, if it needs it. Or I could mess with the battery paks connections and go for 6s instead of 3s.
BTW I have been considering a name for the thing.
The guy, Kev, who built the original wing, and donated it to me for reworking, was part of the Delta Concepts team that brought us the ASSASSIN delta combat wing kits . Kev told me it was inspired by the ASSASSIN, so I reckon
BIG ASS is as good a name as any..
Just a little more finishing off this weekend.
I will get some more pix up later.
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Pfffft you've never lived!

I've got a new 540TVL cam on the way and I made a goof proof patch for my 1.2G Vrx which means I can get a 2nd bird in the air soon with a bit longer range. I've also converted the Scorpion to Assan 2.4G ready to try. So this weekend is cactus for me but I'm itching for a fly soon. I roll onto night shift next week so I have mid week FPV goodness.
midweek fpv'n... i wish!!
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
dont forget the videos as well mate, i cant wait to see that thing in the air (and from the air)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Im thinking that way too actually, but I will give it a try first as I dont know how much power the wing will need to keep it up. It just happened to be a motor I had lying around. Im not planning on launching from flat ground, most likely a slope soarer type launch. It wouldnt be too difficult to uprate the motor anyway, if it needs it. Or I could mess with the battery paks connections and go for 6s instead of 3s.
BTW I have been considering a name for the thing.
The guy, Kev, who built the original wing, and donated it to me for reworking, was part of the Delta Concepts team that brought us the ASSASSIN delta combat wing kits . Kev told me it was inspired by the ASSASSIN, so I reckon
BIG ASS is as good a name as any..
Just a little more finishing off this weekend.
I will get some more pix up later.
Cheers
Frank
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Leave Teasherman alone... lol

To Teamsherman...

Due to the amount of jokes and abuse that you have been getting about your 'sea landing', i thought i would help you out...

Here is a pic that you can use for your Teamsherman Profile picture/page.

I think it says it all and may help you to control the jokes and abuse directed at you.... lol

Hopefully this will be the last of the jokes.. but if not.. i'll keep trying to think up of better ones..

cheers
pete
p.s. oh and by the way... nice save today.. glad you got the plane home in one piece!!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:56 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,471 Posts
Guys I have use of a full size airstrip in NSW ( two hours drive from Sydney ) Im thinking of putting on an RC funfly with FPV pulon racing. Thoese who are interested please email me at parkpilot@live.com.au - We are thinking early May
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
The Real JW
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2011
60 Posts
More FPV in the media

This time in a good news story - a Bixler used for monitoring deforestation in rainforests!

http://news.mongabay.com/2012/0223-c...ion_drone.html
trjw is offline Find More Posts by trjw
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:01 AM
The Real JW
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2011
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trjw View Post
This time in a good news story - a Bixler used for monitoring deforestation in rainforests!

http://news.mongabay.com/2012/0223-c...ion_drone.html
It's a Bixler by the way!

meh - I already said that. It's been a long week.
trjw is offline Find More Posts by trjw
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:27 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,806 Posts
ommadawn if the motor isnt up to it have you considered a twin motor setup for the wing? On 3 cells you will be pulling big amps during launch with a single high powered motor. A twin motor setup can eliminate this plus the torque roll too. Also offers some redundancy but best of all they sound cool!!!
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Guys I have use of a full size airstrip in NSW ( two hours drive from Sydney ) Im thinking of putting on an RC funfly with FPV pulon racing. Thoese who are interested please email me at parkpilot@live.com.au - We are thinking early May
Thanks for this great idea BingWing!!!!, you can count me in.. if the offer is on ;-)

Box and Teamsherman.. I've dobbed you both in for this, via PM to BingWing... i know you'll want to both be there!!

What about you Narcas?.. 2 hours is not so far?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:45 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Yep

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:15 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Is it two hours my way fellas?
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:17 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
What about you Narcas?.. 2 hours is not so far?
I'm there!

Where ever it is.........
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Last edited by narcas; Feb 24, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:43 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
ommadawn if the motor isnt up to it have you considered a twin motor setup for the wing? On 3 cells you will be pulling big amps during launch with a single high powered motor. A twin motor setup can eliminate this plus the torque roll too. Also offers some redundancy but best of all they sound cool!!!
I originally considered building a twin, even bought a couple of motors, but decided KISS was easier. Besides its essentially a slope glider with a motor, not a full blown race wing. I intend launching without power, off a slope into a stiff breeze, how God intended for man to fly.... I have access to lots of bigger motors. My mates are keen to loan me whatever it needs from their piles of unused project motors we all seem to accumulate over the years..
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:59 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
461 Posts
What a stunning Autumn-like evening yesterday, just had to have a flight..light easterly blowing, the SW behaved beautifully..uploading a vid now..

Autumn evening with the SKYWALKER. Northangera,BRAIDWOOD. (6 min 18 sec)
muduck is offline Find More Posts by muduck
Last edited by muduck; Feb 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM.