Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:04 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
Discussion
F-35 Lightning II 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring Jet

F-35 Lightning II 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring Jet

Thrust Vectoring - Are you ready to tumble?
360 degree thrust vector nozzle allows you to perform maneuvers that have to be seen to be believed. It comes with a 70mm fan and Outrunner brushless motor (2750 Kv), 45 Amp speed control with switch mode BEC, 4-cell 2200 mAh Lipo battery and comes pre-painted. Glue the wings and tails in place and install your 7-channel radio and you are ready to perform the impossible.

The battery and the speed control are pre-connected with genuine Deans Ultra connectors. Retracts with nose wheel steering are pre-installed. Photo illustrated instructions include step-by-step setup of the various mixes on a Spektrum DX-7 radio. Recommended control throws, CG and expo settings are provided.

The F-35 is the most aerobatic EDF jet available. Extreme maneuvers like flat spins, tumbles and high alpha flight are all possible with the 360 degree thrust vectoring nozzle design. If you want to push the envelope of what can be done with a jet, the F-35 is your best choice.

For more information and to watch the video click HERE

Use this thread to discuss any and all things related to F-35 Lightning II 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring Jet
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:13 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,438 Posts
Vary cool plane! I enjoyed the video very much. Can't wait to see one in person. Mike H.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:21 AM
MA
Joined Sep 2007
3 Posts
Dear Flyboone,

I have a gift-receiving-event (I quit celebrating birthdays) coming up soon...

It would help my decision-making if you could post some pictures of the insides of the F-35. Specifically, I'm interested in the nozzle (and its connectors), landing gear, servos, connectors, motor, battery, and the finishing of the airplane with close-up pictures. You don't even have to assemble it -- pictures of the plane's parts off-the-box can be good enough.

Would it be possible?

thanks,
Mario

(I think this jet gets sold-out 1 week after these pictures! ... but it's just my thoughts... )
RCMario is offline Find More Posts by RCMario
Old Oct 15, 2009, 04:09 PM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
Here's a few that I had.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:20 AM
MA
Joined Sep 2007
3 Posts
Jason, I'm convinced -- thank you. I'll get one.
(if you have more pics, please post.)
Best,
Mario
Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:25 AM
MA
Joined Sep 2007
3 Posts
Jason, as I was going to put my order through... I read: "[Availability: item F-35 Lightning II 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring Jet is backordered]".

<sarcasm> Let me know if you need help calculating re-stocking points, lead time, market demand, etc... Its not as complex as a thrust vectoring.... </sarcasm>

All the best!
Mario
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:08 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
Yep, that's because the first shipment will not be here until next month. I fully expect the first shipment to be sold out before they get here just like the SU-34's did. You can only fit so many in one container Enjoy!

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:35 AM
Joined Nov 2006
3 Posts
I went ahead and placed one on backorder. Couldnt resist. Have two questions for HL:

1. Does Hobby Lobby refund credit cards if the model doesnt ship with the first order in Nov.? Sometimes credit cards aren't charged till items ship. However HL charged that puppy before I could even go check. LOL. Either way.

2. How many channels is that thing using up because I would like to acquire the RX before it arrives?

Thanks for the info in advance and look forward giving that F-35 a rip. Looks pretty touchy I must say
Awamori is offline Find More Posts by Awamori
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:17 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to the F-35 fold. I'll answer your questions in order.

1. Unless you paid with a PayPal card, we haven't charged you yet. What it does is pre-authorize your card for the total. The money hasn't been taken out of your account and it won't until the plane ships and is invoiced.

2. To get full functionality from the thrust vectoring and to have the ability to turn the vectoring mixes on and off you'll want a 7 channel receiver.

Hope that helps. You will have a blast with that thing. It's CRAZY!

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Administrator
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:23 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
What are the flight times? Can you fit a larger 4S in this plane?
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:16 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
You get about 4 minutes of flight time. You can put a larger battery in, but you will take a hit in weight and will have to modify the battery compartment to make it fit.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:03 PM
Joined Feb 2008
41 Posts
Is the battery and receiver compartment located under the canopy?
gioial is offline Find More Posts by gioial
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:59 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
Yes, but the access hatch is on the bottom of the plane.

Jason
Administrator
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:46 PM
Joined Feb 2008
41 Posts
Jason,

I currently have a Spektrum DX6i radio. Can I fly this jet with my radio and disable the vectoring nozzle, until I purchase the DX7?
gioial is offline Find More Posts by gioial
Old Nov 02, 2009, 09:18 AM
RCG Staff Member
Joined Oct 2003
5,341 Posts
You can fly it with a 6 channel radio no problem. You can even use all the thrust vectoring, you just won't be able to turn it off. I use it on the whole flight anyway. You just setup low rates for normal flying and then hit the high rate switch for the crazy flips and other tricks.

Jason
Administrator