HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:11 PM
Joined Dec 2004
82 Posts
T-Hawk Mods

Hi guys,

My dad's birthday is coming up and he owns a t-hawk. The other day at the field we saw another t-hawk with a brushless/lipo setup and he was enthralled. I figured I would splurge and get him (us) a brushless + esc and lipos for his birthday.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask the owner much about his setup, but he said he was using TP 2100, and the motor was an outrunner with a designation I believe started with 29. My father likes to fly long slower flights intersperced with acrobatics and this dude said he could get 1hr flights if he laid off the throttle! While we watched him, he did a bunch of loops and rolls and still stayed up a half hour regardless.

So on to the questions:
  • What brushless motor would work best to replace the T-Hawks stock setup?
  • What is a good, safe lipo charger that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
  • Where is a good place to buy this stuff?

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance.
rbale1 is offline Find More Posts by rbale1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2005, 02:38 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,623 Posts
Tower Hobbies! (http://www.towerhobbies.com)
Get the Great Planes Lipo charger, it is cheap and they are a name brand for this stuff. I'm not sure about the motor, you can browse the site and find a motor good for T-Hawk, which weighs around 18oz. Or, you can look for one that qualifies as a 400 replacement, such as the Aurora motors sold by GWS. Hope this info helps.
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:41 PM
Spring time, planes bloom
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
I guess a good brushless repacement is the parkfly400 and a gos charger at least works for me is the hobbico quick field charger.
ecologito is offline Find More Posts by ecologito
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:23 AM
Norway
Joined Jan 2005
52 Posts
Is it possible to get a battery that works with T-hawks, that can fly in 1 hour? my god, where can i get that heh
Mortis is offline Find More Posts by Mortis
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:16 AM
Joined Dec 2004
312 Posts
I thought you have to change to the ESC to adapt it to lipo as the standard connector is a hitec version?
AirWing is offline Find More Posts by AirWing