HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2014, 02:47 AM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,291 Posts
I forget which pins you connect to turn on the output.

But you could likely use a double-pole, single-throw switch to do this.

With one set of contacts interrupting the output-on connection for supply A, and the second, separate set of contacts interrupting the output-on connection for supply B.

So if powering it on requires shorting pins 6&7 (just making up pin #s), the switch would be wired between 6&7 for for supply A. And the second set of contacts in the switch would be wired between 6&7 for supply B.

Of cours, you could also shut off the AC supply if you wanted, rather than simply trying to disable the output of the supplies.

As for switch voltages, that refers to the highest voltage that the switch can safely handle. You can use a 600V-rated switch for a 5V application if you'd like, it's just likely physically bigger than you really need. A 12V switch would be sufficient, and a higher voltage rating is also ok.
RedOctobyr is offline Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:27 AM
Winnipeg Canada EH
Joined Feb 2007
11 Posts
Awesome Thanks RedOctobyr,

I already thought about turning off the supplies with the power bar they are plugged into with the same Emergency stop switch, but unfortunately the Power bar i choose to open up has a little circuit board on the switch with what looks like a lot more complexity than i was expecting.

I opened up a more plain jane power bar switch but now realize i would have to run some decent 14-16awg wire up to the switch which i dont particularly want to do. hence why i want to turn off the supplies themselves.

Again Thanks for the quick reply.

Nick
TrU InTeGrA is offline Find More Posts by TrU InTeGrA
Old Sep 20, 2014, 04:02 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrU InTeGrA View Post
Hey Guys, Question for you.

I have 2 of these supplies powering a Pair or JRK motor controller's on a 2dof motion simulator. They are both running 12v and I have pins 6-9-10 shorted together for power along with pins 4-8 for the fan speed.

Question im wondering is How can i use a Single Emergency STOP switch to Kill both supplies ? wiring wise.

Also Do i need a specific 12v switch or will a 120 or 600v ? work fine ?

the Rig,

Show-off! Nice simulator.
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Sep 20, 2014, 08:42 AM
Winnipeg Canada EH
Joined Feb 2007
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Show-off! Nice simulator.

Traction loss mod is next. Stay tuned.

Ill make a thread in the Chit Chat section when its all starting to come together.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:20 AM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
Greetings

I have a question about this power supply.

If i connect two of power supply in serial. I need to connect with each other the pin 11 ( current share pin) ??
mirf00 is offline Find More Posts by mirf00
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:47 AM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,291 Posts
No. In series, they will "automatically" provide the same current, by virtue of being in series.

The "current share" is for if using them in parallel.
RedOctobyr is offline Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Oct 04, 2014, 12:18 AM
Winnipeg Canada EH
Joined Feb 2007
11 Posts
Question again about Wiring, Pin 6 is the "turn on" pin when shorted to Pin 8 which is ground,

I have 3 supplies now that ideally i would Love to have 1 Emergency Kill switch which is a double pole single throw(After major modification) Kill All 3 supplies.

Question I have is, Can i Group the all 3 supplies (Pin 6) into One wire that can run to to the switch and again Group the 3 Pin 8 Grounds together and run a single wire up to the switch.

Thats what i want to do but the question is will there be any issues down the road or the second i power them up with said wiring configuration.

Thanks a Million guys, Your WAY WAY smarter than me when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Little box i made since the Factory boxes were Super Jumbo sized compared to what i need.

Finished box,

Last edited by TrU InTeGrA; Oct 04, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2014, 02:57 PM
United States, PA, Meadville
Joined Feb 2011
175 Posts
Does anyone know of the difference, if there is any between the DPS-600PB and the DPS-600PB B?
davovinch is offline Find More Posts by davovinch
Old Oct 15, 2014, 09:52 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2013
56 Posts
I wanted to know if I only want one power supply do I need to disconnect the -12 ground or not? Also do I just short out pin 6-8-10 and 4 if I want it to work with the fan mod? Thanks in advance.
scotthowell17 is offline Find More Posts by scotthowell17
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:36 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
No

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthowell17 View Post
I wanted to know if I only want one power supply do I need to disconnect the -12 ground or not? Also do I just short out pin 6-8-10 and 4 if I want it to work with the fan mod? Thanks in advance.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Oct 16, 2014, 04:25 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2013
56 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I just ordered 2 of them for 23 bucks and only need one right now so I will have a back up.
scotthowell17 is offline Find More Posts by scotthowell17